20. Ferris wheel of emotions (2)

♡Arhaan's pov ♡

♡Arhaan's pov ♡

Shades of red and pink laces the normal blues of the sky, finally bringing this day to an end.

As we are waiting for our turn I mentally pray that a screw loosens up so we don't have to go on this death wheel. I am soo close to turn back but the look on Inayah's face made my rigid on my spot.

I can't let her down, I just fucking can't.

"Ok next." The worker interrupted my thoughts as he motions us to move to our seat.

I have a very sudden urge to push him off the stairs but we'll just ignore that for now.

Inayah quickly moves inside the cabin, excitedly watching outside.

Taking a deep breath I shakily move inside the cabin, scooting to sit in the middle of the seat.

After few minutes I feel it moving, my heart began to thump louder and faster than the rickety old ride itself.
It's not faster than what Inayah makes me feel but- focus. Focus Arhaan.

The sound of metal structure creaking and the distant screams of excitement reaches my ears. And these sounds only makes me feel more uneasy because there is no turning back now.

"lets stand near that window, we'll get a better view of the carnival."

Fuck no.

I shake my head looking at her and turn to look at the opposite direction because I know if I look for more than a second she will convince me to do whatever she wants.

Our cabin shakes a little as I see Inayah walking towards the window.

Fuck.

I stand up with a speed of light and walk towards her.

I mean I can't let my wife fall down through that window, can I?

Walking towards the window wind whips through my hair, but I don't dare to look down. Knowing the memories which will resurface my brain.

One initial gentle sway makes me stumble a little causing me to look down the window.

The height seemed to multiply, amplifying my fear. The vulnerable thread of life now suspending from me. I don't see the view of carnival but the trees and our porch. It's the porch of the house where we used to live before. Soon after the cabin of ferris wheel shifts completely. The brightly lit cabin is now my room's balcony.

As I glance towards my hands holding the bars, I see that I am no longer inside my 23 old body but rather inside the 10 year old Arhaan.

I feel a tight grip of a hand at the back of my neck. The person holding it pushes me to look down.

My palms feel damp, my breaths coming in shallow gasps as I struggle to find solace in my surroundings.

"You are so weak Arhaan, so useless." The voice of my father engulfs me.