Married to Your Majesty - Part 1

Silence prevailed in the courtroom, no one dared to speak a word, The king looked furious with the news of people protesting to reduce the tax and interest enforced upon them, It's been a week since it all has started and even after trying to scare them away and get things under control things weren't in control, the crowd at front of palace kept increasing and people were sloganeering against the King to reduce the tax and leave the throne.

"Kill them"King Shivay ordered scaring each and every person present in the courtroom.

"If you will kill them then on whom you will rule? Who will give you taxes and who will pay the interest?" And all eyes moved to RajMata Subhadra who stood up on her place and spoke "We need to talk in private Your Majesty" She used her mother tone before bowing at front of him and leaving from there angering King Shivay more.

"Put them in jail and if needed use arm force" King shivay ordered before standing on his place "Courtroom is adjourned for the day" he announced and left from there and went straight to his mother's chamber

"You cannot talk to me like that at front of my people Mother, You cannot question my decision and authority no matter what" he shouted angrily but The Mother of Kingdom stood proudly on her place glaring her son with more anger.

"Then what you want me to do Shivay? Do you want me to watch you ruining the respect and love your father has earned" She yelled back angrily "You are doing everything a good King shouldn't do, Instead of having control on these people you are loosing your place in their eyes in each passing day, and what do you think will happen if you will kill them? You do think they all will call down the protest will end, Nothing like that will happen, more people will come demanding you to leave the throne"

"Then let them do Mother, I cannot bow down at front of their demands I am superior and they have to do as I say, they have to pay as much as I ask" Former Queen Subhadra scoffed looking at her son incredulously.

"Shivay Are you even listening to yourself" The Former Queen exclaimed" My son, you need to understand that to earn respect you have to give respect that is how it works, you do need to make them feel safe and respected only then you will be respected, You can have your ways with them you can enforce things and rules on them but by making them believe that it is for their own benefit not by making everything for your own benefit" King Shivay sat down on the chair and look at his mother thinking deeply about the condition.

"You can rule this kingdom by scaring them, You can use your power and end this protest but that will not be an idle way to do it Shivay, You have to use the diplomacy and politics in it, You cannot make everything about you and palace welfare and expect them to obey" Subhadra stated calmly and looking at her son's expression she does believe that her son is thinking about what she has said.

"To solve this issue I need to pull out the main leaders of the protest and control them" King Shivay whispered to himself enough for his mother to hear, The former Queen smiled as she saw the wheels turning in her son's head.

"Yes My son, That is what required" She said and patted his head blessing him, King Shivay look at his mother with a bright smile and head out of his chamber making his way to grand balcony from where he can interact with the crowd, Troops surrounded him from all end saving him from any danger coming on his way.