Married to Your Majesty - Part 18

Everyone changes with times but some changes are too hard to digest, no matter how realistic those changes look and how our mind force us to believe on everything our eyes are seeing but our heart just doesn't do, as there is a saying that 'Everything visible to our eyes isn't true'.

"You are being paranoid" The elder brother placed his palm on his younger's brother shoulder to distract the guy "You are thinking too much and you aren't ready to accept that something like this could ever happen, It was hard for me at first but now with time I cannot help but believe in what I see".

"It's just too good to be real brother, too good to be real" The younger one whispered and shook his head before getting up from his place and proceeding with his work.

_______________

"You dared to bought disgrace on us, You low life" Queen Subhadra lunged at Anika but was held back by her son who stood at front of his wife to save her from his mother.

"Mother, it's going overboard now" He spoke sternly and pulled his mother to the bed and made her sit on it "Whatever She has done was not right, but it was in heat of moment, I myself was so angry on that bastard" King Shivay muttered angrily and his mother said nothing but look at his son wandering when did her son changed this much.

"You are doing everything out of your character nowadays son" Queen Subhadra's voice was just little above then whispers she has her eyes fixed on her Son's face waiting for any reaction put of him but his face was void showing none.

"As a King, It's my character Mother, I am guardian of everyone and everything out there It's my responsibility, and to fulfill these responsibilities I something need to do things out of my own character" He said softly and turned towards his wife, King Shivay stared her for a minute with something unreadable in his eyes before asking her to go to her chamber and get changed, Anika obeyed and left from there leaving them in confines of Queen Subhadra's chamber.

"Do you love her?" The question was sudden and it made King Shivay halt in mid of pouring himself a glass of water, he just stood there holding the jug in one hand and glass in another, it took him another one minute to get into his senses and a smile broke onto his lips.

"Love, That's a big word Mother, and for me it's that foreign word I amn't ever going to be familiar with" He chuckled placing the jar back on table and giving his sole attention to his mother "Why did you ask?" He questioned.

"You took her with you outside of palace, you defend her, You spent nights with her, You eat dinner with her, Why shouldn't I ask? If it's not your love for her then please enlighten me what it is?" Queen Subhadra look at her son's face trying to read anything but the void face of her son was giving none as usual, She was scared with the thought of her son loving that commoner,even though if her worst nightmare of her son loving Anika would come true she will still give her everything to erase that love out from her son's life at any cost.

"She is my wife Mother, It's obvious I will spend my nights with her only" and This time his voice held seriousness, out of everything he is doing or has been done the only thing he is completely loyal and connected to is his marriage, King Shivay didn't mind the consequences in which he has married her, now he is married to her and for him nothing else matter apart from it "Eating dinner together and all your other points it is needed Mother, She has lost her father because of me I can atleast share a dinner with her".

"Then What about your staying at her home during her father's funeral process" Queen Subhadra wasn't ready to sat back like any other day she wanted her son to answer her every thought and she was determined to not let the chance slip out of her hand, she was adamant on finding question of her answers and then work ahead.