Married to Your Majesty - Part 22

King Shivay threw his head back as he laughed on something Princess Aaradhna said, His blue oceanic eyes lightened up as he listened her before he once again threw his head back and laughed.

"And then she fell into pit, I ran from there saving my life" Princess Aaradhna completed her story, her eyes twinkling in joy as she took in his breathtaking smile and joyous face.

"I hope, She never find out that it was you Princess" King Shivay said back and sipped his tea, the bitter sweet taste of lemon tea hit his taste buds, and he relaxed himself on the chair.

"You got married all of sudden" It came too slow, King Shivay hardly heard the words but did already caught the wind of conversation "I was shocked to know that you married a Commoner Your Majesty, and I can see Queen Anika is polar opposite of your choice of females" The light atmosphere which was there a minute prior disappeared, King Shivay placed the cup of tea back on the table at front of him, he fixed his gaze on the Princess waiting patiently for her to speak more but when she didn't he did.

"Polar opposite but exactly what I need Princess Aaradhna"

Princess Aaradhna looked taken back by his response "Your Highness said that you have done it because her would be groom didn't show up on aisle" She pestered the topic trying to know as much as she could.

"He didn't show up because he was abducted" it came out firmly and he paused for her some effect "It wasn't the first marriage I have attended where the bride was left on aisle Princess Aaradhna" a small smile played at the corner of his lips "so the absence of her groom wasn't the sole reason behind why I married her" his eyes travelled around and paused on the said woman they are talking about, she looked deep in thought as the girl he assumes is a healer was applying some paste over her arm.

"When we were child, You always said You will be marrying me when you will become a king" Princess Aaradhna chuckled with pain evident in her eyes and voice "looks like you lied" King Shivay wanted a part of him to be moved or feel bad upon her soft confession but nothing of that sort happened, not even once the thought of if crossed his head, his eyes once again left the person opposite to him and went back to his wife who seemed to be in deep conversation with healer.

"Looks like you have taken our childhood more serious than it was meant to be Princess" He wasn't completely unaware about Princess Aaradhna's affection and being a King he has his ears open in all direction, he has felt her longing gaze on him in dinning hall, as well as in court room, but brushed it off giving Princess time to get over him.

"Seems like I did" Princess laughed trying to lighten the environment once again, King Shivay chuckled helping her in her efforts and once again Princess Aaradhna started with the story of their childhood making him burst in laughter once in every two minutes.

His melodious laugh echoed in garden, even for a minute maids has stopped their work and gazed at his handsome self not believing that a face like his can be owned by someone like him, like others it has drawn Queen Anika's attention as well but the effects of them weren't same, Anika felt her heart aching at the sight, something unknown to her which people often call as jealousy brimmed in pit of her stomach but the emotion which dominated it all was self loathing, She at this moment loathed herself for being such a failure, Every part of her body believed that she doesn't belong by his side, a part of her repeatedly told her that the person he needs and deserves by his side is sitting by his side at the moment.

"They do look good together, Don't they?" Queen Subhadra smirked and sat beside Anika who pulled her eyes away from them and focussed them on Queen Subhadra "How's your burn?" She feigned concern.