10. Silly Julien

(Abby's point of view)

That night, I was sitting at the desk and Julien was sitting on the bed, her watching whatever was on TV, me doing my nails. I was keeping my nails at regular length, just painting them all different colors for each one of Taylor Swift's eras. I had to admit, I wasn't the best at nail polish, by any means. I always got it all over my fingers, especially when I was painting with my non-dominant hand.

"Would you like some help there, love?" Julien asked when she noticed my hands shakily trying to make everything precise.

"That would be magnificent." I said.

"Damn, magnificent? You're really struggling over here, aren't you?" She got up and wandered over.

"Struggling is a bit of a stretch." I grumbled.

She assessed my setup before turning the chair around and taking my hands. She looked at my work. Only three of my nails were painted, horrifically, might I add.

"You know how we should go about this?" She spoke after a moment.

"How should we go about this, Julien?" I smiled as I gazed up at her.

"You sit on my lap."

"I mean...if that's how you'll be able to do it..."

I stood up and practically shoved her into the chair. She laughed, then let me sit. She started on my nails. I watched as she worked, evenly coating and carefully cleaning.

"Boom." Julien said when she finished.

My nails looked absolutely perfect. "Julien Baker, God of painting nails."

"Gotta admit, it was hard working with so much color," She smirked. "Us rockstars only use black."

We messed around, joking and occasionally getting distracted with a kiss, until Julien decided that my nails were dry. While she changed I slipped into the bed. After Julien was done she left the bathroom, turned off the lights, and jumped onto the bed with a running start.

"Bed's a little tall, huh?" I giggled as she crawled up.

"Freakishly tall." She groaned.

She flipped around to slide in, but somehow ended up with her head under the blanket. I laughed as I rescued her. I pulled her into my arms, her head on my chest. No matter what, we always ended up reversed, me resting on her instead. I clicked the light off and settled in.

"I'm too excited to sleep." I whispered after a few minutes.

"I'll tell you a story," Julien said. We were on our sides, facing each other, now.

"A story?" I grinned.

"Yes."

"What's it called?"

"It's called 'Twas the night before The Eras Tour'."

I muffled my giggles with the small squishmallow that had tagged along. I don't know if it was the exhaustion, or the excitement, but we felt goofy. Silly Julien was one of my favorite Juliens.

"I love you." I murmured sleepily, after she had stroked my arms and hair for a few minutes.

"And I love you." She kissed my forehead.

***

"It's Taylor day!!!" I squealed the next morning as I pounced on Julien, who had been sleeping soundly.

"Go away." She groaned.

"I'm just going to serenade you until you wake up." I smiled.

I started singing "right where you left me". Before I could get to the first "But I'm right where you left me" Julien pushed me off of her, and pinned me to my side of the bed. She kissed me, then rested on me. I felt lightheaded from the fast motion.