41. Search and rescue

TW: this chapter is very intense, so here is a brief description for you to chose if you would like to read this one or not...

Julien finds out Abby's gone, and starts looking for her, with the assistance of friends. Julien does find Abby. Abby feels as though she's dying, so she's talking about dying, Julien's talking about her dying, and they're acting accordingly to her feeling.

Good luck!

***

(Julien's point of view)

The house was eerily quiet when I got back. The TV wasn't on, and no one was talking. I slowly walked through the door, holding my grocery bags.

"Hello?" I said.

"Oh, she's back." I heard Abby's mother mutter.

I followed the sound of her voice to the kitchen, where her and her husband stood at the counter, whispering to each other. I cringed before going in, preparing for how awkward this was going to be.

"Where's...Abby?" I asked them.

"She's on a walk or something." Her father told me.

I set the bags down on the counter. What had happened when I was gone? Abby didn't go on walks. She couldn't go on walks. She would pass out.

"Are you sure she's on a walk?" I said.

They glanced at each other. I was going to explode.

"Where is she?" My voice was urgent.

Again, no answer. My hands curled into fists, and started to shake.

"Where. Is. She."

"She said she couldn't spend another second with us," Her father explained. "And left."

"Left?" I questioned. "What do you mean?"

"She just ran out." Her mother said.

My jaw dropped, and my hands relaxed in shock. I looked at both of them, unsure. My breaths were slow, for now. They had driven her to literally run away. I pulled out my phone, and typed out panicked messages to Abby. A second after I sent it, we heard a ding.

"Dammit!" I exclaimed when I found Abby's phone in the living room.

I stormed back to her parents.

"If she is not back within the next half an hour," I said. "We're calling the police."

They just looked at me, anxious. I forced myself to not flip out.

"You did this." I hissed through gritted teeth.

Then I went back outside. I paced the small front yard, my hands in fists again. My breathing was getting heavier with anger. She was gone. She had left. I'd taken the car. She was actually walking somewhere. God, she would pass out all alone! I needed someone to calm me down. Once I was sure I wouldn't yell, I called Lucy.

"Heyyy, Julien!" Phoebe was the one who picked up.

"Are you drunk?" I said.

"No," She answered me. "Being a tourist is fun."

"Um...alright." I shook my head. "Do you know where Abby is?"

"Isn't she with you?" Phoebe asked me.

"No." I sighed. "She's kind of...missing."

"What?" She exclaimed. "Abby's missing?!"

There was some shuffling noises on her side, and then Lucy was there.