\||

Time Skip- a month later.

Nakiya. 1:21. 📍Serenity House.

i just pulled up cause i wanted to tell serenity in person that i had to go out of town for business with my uncle. i knocked and the door opened.

"hey baby." her mom greet.

"wassup." i smile. she let me in and closed and locked the door back.

"serenity here? ian text before i got here." i ask and she nodded. i looked to see simone on the kitchen counter.

"she helping you cook or sumn." i chuckle.

"she swear she is." she shake her head.

"HI KAIKAI!" i hear and i wave.

"hey princess!" i shout and she laughed. i walked upstairs being greeted by her dad. we shook up and i entered her room. she was laying on her bed watching south park on her mac.

"serenity." i say and immediately got nervous. i don't know how she's gonna react.

"heyy." she got up quickly and hugged me.

"wassup." i smile. she looked at my face than sat on her bed. she patted the spot next to her and i took a seat and a deep breath.

"you okay?" she ask and i nodded.

"yeah uhm... i gotta tell you sumn." i say looking at my hands that rested on my lap.

"okay... tell me kai." she said and i nodded.

"uhm at like 4 i gotta leave." i say and she chuckled.

"that's not a big de- no i gotta go out of town." i cut her short and she looked at me.

"oh... okay that's okay... for how long?" she said looking at me.

"maybe 3..." i took a deep breath.

"3 days?"

"3 weeks serenity." i say and she stood.

"3 weeks? what do you mean 3 weeks. that's basically a month." she said and i sighed.

"why?"

"just family business." i say and looked her in her face. she looked at me and teared up.

"my birthday is around that time and your not even gonna be here! that's stupid nakiya!" she shout.

"i know... i'm sorry... i didn't know till recently. it wassnt planned as usual it just thrown at me." i say standing and grabbing her arm.

"okay what is recently kai." she said looking up at me.

"2-3 days ago." i sah and her face twisted in confusion.

"and your just now telling me. your telling me the day you leave. we haven't dont shit in the past 2-3 days." she said and i sighed.

"i was too busy tryna get everything situated."

"everything?? you obviously didn't get everything situated because you never told me! you didn't get that shit situated." she snap.

"you can't be mad at me- yes the fuck i can. why didn't you tell me. to busy setting up what you getting your shit together all day! we haven't spent time with each other a lot and you tell me your leaving. at least when you found out you could've came to me and we coulda did something." tears fell down her face and i felt bad.

"i know i was nervous and scared." i say trying to hug her but she pushed me.

"just go home." she say getting in her bed.