Chapter 34

Matthew pov.

The fusion fell apart the second we got home. Y/n didn't even look at us. She got up from the floor and ran outside. I knew where she was going. Me and Kenny followed her.

Y/n ran to her mom's home. She rang the bell and hammered her fist against the door. She had tears in her eyes. Me and Kenny slowly went up to her.

We could hear someone rushing down the stairs from inside. The door flew open and Y/ns mom stood there in disbelief. Both of them hugged each other very tight. It wouldn't have suprised me if they'd broken each other's ribcage.

Y/ns mom started crying. "I thought they took you away from me." she said with a shivering voice. Y/n buried her face in her mom's shoulder. "I'm so sorry mom. I'm so sorry.." she mumbled.

Suddenly Y/ns mom pulled me into their hug. "I missed you too, son." she said. I was taken aback when she called me that but it's not like I'd mind. Y/n pulled Kenny into our hug and we stayed like this for a while. Y/n and her mom were crying.

"Im so glad y'all are okay. Come in, I'll make you hot chocolate." y/ns mom sniffled happy. We went inside and sat down on the couch. Olivia doesn't seem to be home right now.

We tried talking to Y/n but she couldn't get a word out. Everytime she looked at me she started to cry again. Of course, I mean I look just like Jake. She knows it wasn't my fault but she continued crying without a break.

Her mom gave us the hot chocolate and asked what happend. So I explained togheter with Kenny. Y/n drank her chocolate, trying not to shake to much.

Her mom listened in terror and disbelief. I mean, for a normal mortal, all this is pretty obscure. How miserable, I could have prevented all this but I gave in. I fused with her and that's why she got kidnapped in the first place.

I sighed. "Cmon, let's get Y/n some rest." Kenny said and we agreed. Her mom got her to bed. After that the 3 of us told everyone we found Y/n. The police, her family and friends.

Y/n pov.

I woke up in a black space. This must be a dream right? Yea I'm pretty sure. I looked around me and what I saw froze me. It was Jake, oddly I didn't feel angry.

"How did you get up here?" I asked. "Cmon, Y/n! Let's fuse back togheter! We can get rid of everyone who keeps us apart. I know you want it too!" he said with a smile.

"What? No! I'd never do the kind of things that you've been doing." I awnserd distraught. "Oh spare me, I could see inside your mind. You loved how I took care of all our responsibilitys and you could just relax. Admit it!" he snickered.

I bawled my fist, frustrated. "No, you're wrong. You had control over me and I couldn't do anything about it. Just go away!" I demanded. "But you don't want me to go. Deep down you know-"

"Y/n wake up!" someone shook me. It was just a dream.. Thank the stars it's over. I looked up just to see jack again. I jumped up and and took a few steps back. As my eyes were finally adjusting to the darkness I realized it wasn't jack but Matthew.

Kenny pov.

Me and Matthew went to check on Y/n. We went inside her room, she seemed to have a nightmare. I went over and shook her. Matthew stood next to me. As she saw him, she jumped up. Y/n looked at him, her eyes, filled with resentment.

Matthew looked clearly taken aback. He's obviously aware by the fact Y/n mistook him for Jake. It was silent and I could feel the uncomfortable tension. He sighed and left the room.

I sat next to Y/n, she stares at the door. "They just look so.. Similar." she mumbles. "Oh.. How about we'll do something fun togheter, to cheer you up?" I asked. "Yea uh, I'd like that." she awnserd.

I quickly got up, grabbed some snacks from the kitchen, got the controllers and we played video games togheter. Crazy to think Y/n was only an online friend a few months ago.. So much has happend.

"I won." she smiled slightly. "Because I've let you." I awnserd arrogant and she chuckled.

- 2 h later -

Kenny pov.

I've got a text from my parents. "Sorry Y/n, my parents want me home right now. I have to go." I sighed and she nodded. We said goodbye and I left.

Matthew pov.

- 5 days later -

After Y/n mom finally allowed her to go outside, Y/n locked herself in her house. We try to avoid each other for very obvious reasons. Kenny visits her every day. Y/n sends him home earlier every day tho.

Today she didn't even let him inside. Kenny told me I should maybe check on her. What an imbecile. He has no idea what a big deal fusion is, despite it being forced. Of course she would 'love' to see me when I look exactly like Jack.

I have to admit I still snuck into her house today. She locked herself in the library for hours. That's weird. I knew I shouldn't but I was curious. I used the secret tunnel that connects to every room and went inside the library.

It's already dark outside, she's holding a pen in her hand and infront of her is a empty piece of paper. Around her are Crumpled paper pieces. She was sitting at her desk and on top was a warm table light. Really set the mood huh?

Y/n looked at me and started to hide some papers. "Oh uhm Matthew. What are you doing here?" she asked. She kinda looks like she hasn't slept for a while. Her hair is also messy.

"Just.. Checking up on you." I awnserd. I picked up one of the papers and unfolded it. A Poem was written on it.

'Trapped.
That's how I would describe what you made me feel.
But that wasn't exactly a bad deal.
If I admit I want you back is that a bad reveal?
You have a toxic appeal.
I have no choice but to conceal
What you made me feel.' (I had to come up with this myself in like 5 minutes and I suck so have mercy)

"Don't read them- they're not how I want them to be." she mumbles. Y/n expresses feeling through her hobbies. She'd never go up and explain it to someone. She either puts feelings into music, acting or writing. This is pretty concerning, considering she's probably talking about Jake.

"Yaku you-" I hesitated for a moment. "You're not scared of me are you?" I asked. She shook her head. "Of course not." she mumbled. I pinched my eyes togheter. "Really? Aren't you scared I'm going to force you to fuse?" I raised my voice a littel and grabbed her hand.

She flinched and ripped her hand away from me. "I knew it." I sighed. "Maybe you should consider sending me back into your head. Where I'm locked up and have no choice but to obey you." I scoffed and left the room.

(Guys I'm literally so sorry for not updating. My motivation is just so dead and I put all my creativity into c.ai)