Ch 5 - The king (1/2)

I'm hyped for the next season of Blue lock and for the episode nagi movie coming next year.
———————————————————
Thoughts/talking with monster: ‘ ‘
M/n: Monster name

After explaining the rules of the first selection that it was a round robin tournament with the 5 teams in the 5th stratum. After it was explained to the team with all of them understanding how this round robin was going to work they thought of ways so people are satisfied with their position.

They used rock paper siccors to figure out their positions, the winner being able to pick which position he wanted. Isagi ended up winning with him picking Striker and Y/n picking winger with bachira picking the same on the other side, with the others deciding based on their ranks.

Y/n remembered who they were going up against Team X, which excited Y/n and he looked towards bachira who had the same excited face realizing they were on the same page. As they were walking towards the field Y/n remembered their formation being a 4-3-3 with Isagi, bachira at the top as the attacking players with the rest being in the midfield then the last four players besides the goalie being defenders.

They had discussed how the formation would work in the locker room with kuon being the sort of team captain or the person that organized the team. Now on the field Y/n felt his monster appear which confused him but paid no mind since they could talk through his conscience.

Someone strong is coming’ The monster told Y/n.

‘Thanks for letting me know m/n’ Y/n knowing he can’t just call his monster, monster so he gave him a name.

‘M/n?’ the newly named m/n questioned.

‘Yeah, can’t just keep calling you monster so i gave you the name M/n’ Y/n explained

‘It does sound good, so yeah see after the match’ M/n started to flicker.

‘Seeya after the match M/n’ Y/n told M/n before he fully flickered out.

Team Z was now on the field with the opposing Team X approaching them with Y/n knowing that the one with the mohawk-like hair was their best player. As both teams got into position with Y/n knowing that it was going to be a free for all since only the top scorer of the teams that failed could carry on.

The match began with Bachira passing to Isagi but Raichi then took the ball from Isagi. Which was followed by Y/n stealing it and running up the field not wanting his team to fall apart.

“As much as you may hate we have to work together to make sure we pass the first selection” Y/n yelled to his team as he passed to Bachira who followed Y/n with Isagi behind the two.

Y/n now getting the ball back now facing against the mohawk-like hair player charged towards Y/n but failed to realize the ball had been taken from him. This player was able to go past everyone and scored the goal now facing the team more particularly you said.

“Remember this, peasant trash like you are no better than the ball… We’re not here to be friends… You only exist to make me shine and be stepping stones for me to be the best striker in the world” the player said and continued with.

“After all on the pitch, I’m the one true king” He finished.

As Y/n was looking at him with amazement but figured out their name which was Barou thanks to Barou’s team members saying his name. Y/n then approached his team who were arguing.

“Just shut up” Y/n frustrated told them as they grouped together.

“Listen we have to work together so that we don’t lose them so it’s in all of our best interest to work together” Y/n slightly annoyed at his team besides Bachira and Isagi.

Y/n then explained his plan to beat Barou and team X as most of them reluctantly agreed with the plan as the game restarted. Bachira passed it to Y/n as the three of them: Bachira, Y/n, and Isagi were going up the field in a triangle formation to get past the rest of Team X as Isagi made one Final pass to Y/n as he encountered the King.

“Try and get past me scrub” Barou told Y/n.

Y/n stayed quiet and rushed Barou down wanting to show that Barou was nothing to him. Y/n made sure to keep the ball so that his team doesn’t worry about Barou, but Y/n felt himself go into a familiar state as he got past Barou with a nutmeg being very hard to considering that Barou was keeping a close eye on Y/n and passed to Bachira. Barou got to Y/n just as he passed to Isagi which was perfect as he was open as Kunigami ran up the field as Barou went to Isagi as soon as you passed.

Isagi couldn’t score with Barou and one of Barou’s team members on him as he just passed to Kunigami who was marked received the pass and slammed it into the back of the net. Making the score 1 - 1 tieing the game which allows Y/n to process how team X will work.

Now it was time to kick it into high gear as Y/n was now going to show the King his place. Y/n now had his goal: defeat Barou.

Bachira felt Y/n’s Ego more so Y/n’s monster emerged as Bachira walked up to Y/n looking at him with excitement.

“So we’re gonna win right?” Bachira asked

Yeah” As Y/n was now fully in that state in qualifiers for the nationals or what seems to be a more refined version of it.