Ch 2 - Tag & the formation of Team Z

Thoughts: ‘ ‘ / ' '

“Hello my unpolished gems” Ego said to the 12 “Unpolished gems” in the room.

“The people in your rooms will now be considered your teammates & your rivals” Y/n was looking around the room seeing what competition he has. As Ego was explaining Y/n was observing his rivals taking into account what their abilities/weapons they could have.

“We have given you all a rank based on your skill and potential as a striker”

“The top 5 best players in the entirety of blue lock will automatically be in the japan team to play in the world cup” Ego stated.

“I've estimated your potential based on my personal judgment to qualify your abilities represented by your rank” Ego starts.

“It’s the number attached to your uniforms. With it, you can gauge your skill and position among the 300 players in the facility” Ego continues.

‘291… I didn’t think I would be this low but this means I have to climb to the top’ Y/n thought to himself.

“These rankings will change daily based on several factors, For example going up or down based on your training or the results of your games” Ego stated to the 12 players in the room.

“And unconditionally the top five players will participate in a certain tournament six months from now” Ego continues.

“They will become the selected strikers for Japan's U20 national team playing in the world cup” Ego finishes as Y/n got excited and knew that he would have to climb to the top and remain at the top five to be able to play in the world cup.

“Also those who are eliminated from Blue lock will be permanently banned and lose the right to represent Japan” Ego continues on.

“What you need to succeed here is Ego, and so now we’ll hold a little entrance test to measure that Ego of yours” Ego finishes before continuing with.

“Now time for a game of tag” Ego states as he then explains the rules of the game of tag they’ll be playing. And explains how pros play tag as a way to train, and finishes off with that it’s no ordinary game of tag.

Y/n was lost in thought near a corner as he was thinking but Igarashi saw this and tried to get either him or the teen sleeping on the floor. In reality Y/n was in his mind and saw the strange shadowy being again and it spoke to him. When Y/n snapped back into reality igarashi was spouting stuff about the teen who had just been kicked in the face. A teen who resembled Ichigo Kurosaki from Bleach approached the teen who kicked igarashi talking about playing fair as Igarashi hit the Ichigo look alike with the ball making him it.

Y/n then heard the shadowy beings’ voice in his head telling him to eliminate Kira and crush his dream of ever playing for Japan. Isagi was hit with the ball but after a while Igarashi sprained his ankle as Isagi was going to shoot. He turned after realizing he himself had to change. Y/n then stole the ball from Isagi and ran towards Kira. This action surprised Kira as Y/n shot but missed. Kira thought that he was safe as there was only 12 seconds left, so Y/n slammed the ball to the hit near the ceiling to then pass it to bachira who then tried to tag Kira but failed.

Bachira then felt something which enticed him to pass towards Isagi and there were 6 seconds left counting down as Isagi mumbled something to himself. As Isagi shot the ball towards Kira to eliminate him but there were 2 seconds left to save himself but Kira had accepted defeat.