Ch 19 - Understanding each other's weapons

Thoughts/talking with M/n: ‘ ‘/ ' '
M/n: Monster name

Y/n had woken up to see Kurona and Hiori talking to each other as Y/n got out of bed in the blue lock clothes. Y/n noticed that there was no clock in here to check the time, so for all he knew he slept way longer than normal or at least longer than Blue lock’s schedule.

“Good morning, Y/n” Hiori said.

“Morning” Y/n said tiredly.

“So what’s the plan Y/n?” Hiori said.

“Probably understanding each other’s weapons and training” Y/n said as he quickly realized that the Hiori and Kurona made him team captain.

“Am I the captain of this 3 man team?” Y/n questioned.

“Yes,” Kurona and Hiori said at the same time.

“I’ll start first,” Kurona said.

“My weapons are my agility and quick short passes,” Kurona said.

“Mine’s are my long and accurate passes and my vision or in other words my spatial awareness, and Yours?” Hiori says as he points towards Y/n.

“Well it’s a bit tricky to explain but my main weapons are being ambidextrous and this state of being concentrated on a certain goal or thing not sure what it’s called but for now i'm calling it being in the zone” Y/n said.

“Now for the tricky part, I can sort of copy others” Y/n says as he knew he had to clarify.

“What do you mean by sort of copying others?” Both Kurona and Hiori said.

“Well I can Copy their weapons but it takes time for my body to adapt and take speed for example,” Y/n says and then continues.

“I can gain the same level of speed as the person i copied but My body has to get use to so it’s essentially adding their speed plus my own speed” Y/n continued.

“It’s essentially like stat boost in a game that is permanent, that is slowly getting better over time. That’s the only way i can think of explaining it” Y/n said.

“Anyways, it’s useful to know each other's weapons,” Y/n says.

As the three start to plan out their next move, the door opens to reveal three people rank 23, 69, and 33. Hiori looks at Rank 69 as Y/n looks at all three, with some curiosity as to why they were here but Y/n already knew why. Thankfully they arrived after he told Hiori and Kurona about his weapons, as to be a wild card in a match.

“So what brings you three?” Y/n asked.

“Isn’t obvious,” Rank 23 says

“We want to play against you three” Rank 69 says.

Y/n looked at the three and made a decision that either made Y/n look cowardly or smart.

“Come back tomorrow and I’ll give you an answer” Y/n said.

The three look at Y/n with the look of confusion, but Rank 69 understood why Y/n said this as acting to brashley will lead to their demise. Choosing the smarter and safer option is better than being brash.

‘So he’s playing it safe? Huh’ Rank 69 thought while looking at Y/n.

“Alright we’ll be back tomorrow” Rank 69 said which surprised his two teammates.

“So you understand?” Y/n genius surprised by this answer.

“Yup, if you act to brashley you’ll lose, if you play it smart and safe you’ll most likely win and be able to pass the selection”

“Names Tabito Karasu, yours?”

“Y/n L/n” Y/n said Looking at Ranks 23 and 33.

“Yukimiya Kenyu” Rank 23 said.

“Otoya Eita” Rank 33 said.

“Hiori Yo” Hiori said.

“Kurona Ranze” Kurona said.

Potential match:
Y/n, Hiori, and Kurona Vs Yukimiya, Karasu, and Otoya

The three leave the room as Y/n now needed to make a decision for his team as he was the captain of this team. Y/n then knew that he wanted one of them on his team, so the decision was that they’ll play against them.

“Let’s train for the rest of the day” Y/n said as Kurona and Hiori agree with him already knowing Y/n’s answer to Karasu’s question. That being they will be playing against him.

The three leave the room and enter the training field their given to train in. Y/n was just having one thought.

'I'm going to enjoy crushing...'

'No,'

'Destroying you three and copying your weapons'

Y/n is shown with a smile as the three start their training.

———————————————————

Is Y/n's true nature starting to show?