3 : baking

— ✧ Minahil's pov :

Minahil's pov :

I T was 6:45 in the morning. Arsalaan's mom woke me up. Saying it's aniya's birthday.
And we need to get ready cause they've have planned to celebrate it in a park.

Everyone were given responsibilities of what they should be doing for the day. Hira arsalaan's sister was told to blow the balloons and do the decoration as they've planned a spot in the park as well.

Others were told different kinds of work. I was asked to bake a cake ? A cake really? I barely cooked for myself. And now I'm asked to bake a cake. I asked if I could buy the cake instead, but aniya's mom hira said that they wanted a healthy home made one. And I couldn't deny.

I headed to the kitchen. I first tied my hairs into a messy bun I was still on my pj's and my scarf wrapped around my neck.

I turned on my phone and typed for a vanilla cake recipe and there were so many I was confused to pick. I chose the one which I found quick and easy. They said to start with the ingredients which were flour, sugar, butter,milk, vanilla extract and so much more.

I took the flour from the shelf board and poured it in a bowl to make a dough & was searching where the sugar was. I picked salt thinking it's sugar I was about to put it when "minahil it's salt" I heard a familiar voice saying it.

I turned towards where the voice came from only to see Arsalaan standing over there. " oh I didn't knew" I said. "Where's the sugar then?" I inquired.

"It's there, waiting for you to pick it up" he replied winking and pointing towards where it was. "Well thanks" I thanked him.
"Did you not get the info that your husband is master at cooking" he boasted himself.
"You ain't that famous" I replied boringly.

"Well I can help if you want me to. I'm best at baking and aniya loves the cake I bake" he replied smirkingly. "Is it ? Then why don't you make it by yourself if you're that good at it" I replied back.

"Seems like someone's getting jealous of my talent Well then I'm going bye." He said, that smirk never leaving his face. "No wait you're not going" I replied and he stopped while walking.

"Okay so you want the help for the best baker is it?" He said teasingly. "It's not that" I replied."Bye then let me go" he said while walking. "Yes I do need help" I said hastily.

He is a jerk he wanted me to agree that I need his help.Indeed I wanted it cause I would mess up the cake if I made it all by myself.

"So let's start" he said excitedly.
"Pass those eggs, we need 2 of them" he said.
I passed them and next he asked for the sugar.
He told me to beat the eggs to incorporate air and create a light texture in the cake batter.

And then put some oil, milk and vanilla essence and stir the bowl. We then followed all the steps he told. And kept the cake in the oven for 30 minutes to bake.