24 : healed wound ?

— ❀ Minahil's pov :

I WAS fast asleep in a deep slumber, but after a while, I could feel someone's breath and a soft touch on my forehead

I WAS fast asleep in a deep slumber, but after a while, I could feel someone's breath and a soft touch on my forehead. I was too deep in sleep to move or open my eyes, but then someone touched my most sensitive part, my neck. My eyes shot open, and I saw Arsalaan gently touching my neck, probably my scar. Fear quickly gripped me, and a shiver ran down my spine, sending a surge of adrenaline through me.

Anxiety rushed inside me, causing a slight pain in the pit of my stomach. My heart seemed to stop, and I found it hard to breathe. It felt like someone was constricting my breathing. So many thoughts raced through my already messy mind, making my whole body feel anxious.

I quickly jerked his hand away from my neck and stood up swiftly, not wasting a second. I hastily fixed my scarf and draped it around my neck, covering my scar with it. I can't let him know. What am I going to say if he asks questions? I'm so dumb for not wearing it properly, and now I'm facing the consequences. Why is everything happening so suddenly? I still need some time to process it all. God, please help me through this.

He suddenly stood up from the mattress, and now we were face to face. I didn't want to confront him, especially not now. It felt like destiny was playing games. Was this the only day I could get into more trouble? Anyway, I tried to calm myself down and told myself, 'Minahil, you have to talk to him now.'

"Arsalaan, what are you doing here?" I asked, crossing my arms around my chest. My heart was racing, and I felt a shiver run through my body, but I tried to act bold.

"Minahil, what's that scar on your neck?" Ignoring my question, Arsalaan asked, pointing towards my covered neck. His body language seemed strange, almost like he was scared or something.

"Um...I..." I stuttered, at a loss for words, unsure of how to respond.

" how did you get that scar?" He asked concerned and curious. A frown was plastered on his face.

I didn't had any reply and I stayed quite.

"Did someone hurt you to cause that scar?" He questioned with utter urgency to receive an answer, his doe like eyes were filled with concerns for me in them, making my heart skip a beat.

"How long have you had that scar?" He asked again walking closer to me. I still didn't respond. My body froze and I forgot how to react and move.

He gripped my arms and shook me, as if trying to snap me back to reality. "Minahil, I'm asking you questions. Give me the fucking answers" he yelled, causing me to flinch. His anger was evident, with his flaring nostrils and furious expression.

A tear rolled down my cheek, but I quickly wiped it away before he could notice. Unfortunately, he did. I let out a sigh and began explaining, " when I was little, I accidentally bumped into a mirror while playing and running. The glass shattered, and a piece pierced my neck, leaving a big scar. It's just a simple accident, nothing more." I lied effortlessly, adjusting my scarf, feeling self-conscious.