25 : her saviour, his life.

Arsalaan's pov :

S I T T I N G on the bed, flipping the pages of the old photo album I was holding in my hand

S I T T I N G on the bed, flipping the pages of the old photo album I was holding in my hand. I was all alone grounding myself gazing at the pictures of me and dadu jaan.

us eating our both's favourite cookies

us playing badminton together

us talking about dadi jaan

him reading stories for me

playing board games with him

And so many more pictures, watching them gave me warmth along with immense pain to my heart, it felt like someone is squeezing it tightly.

Just like that I kept on weeping recalling all those little memories we spent together. My dad never loved me, but grandpa loved me more than anyone else did, we were the best buddies. He use to buy me all the stuffs I wanted, when my dad told me I should stop dreaming about being a painter, dadu was the only person to fight for me. It's because of him that I'm still perceiving my dreams.

I really wish someday, I find the people who killed him, and then kill them they way they shot him right in front of me. Those fucking killers took away the only happiness of a 10 year old boy.

I didn't eat anything for dinner so I was planning to have some ramen or random snacks as it was almost 12 now. As I was about to get up from the bed, my phone buzzed gaining my attention. It was a missed call. Minahil's missed call.

And that was when I realised she didn't return home yet, I was too engaged in my thoughts that I actually forgot about her. How could I ? I quickly grabbed my phone and dialled her, only to know that her phone was switched off.

My heart started pounding faster & anxiety rushed into me in a quick motion. It's 12 and she ain't home yet ? Well she didn't even inform me at what time she'll be home.

Without any second thoughts I grabbed the car keys and rushed downstairs. Everyone were in their respective rooms right now and the lights were turned off. At some days the whole family sit down gossiping and having chats till late night, and some days everyone goes to bed quite early.

I quickly wore my snickers and rushed towards my car, I swiftly entered inside, sitting on the driver seat i speeded up the car so that I reach the location as soon as possible. Pessimistic, negative thoughts started intruding my mind making me more anxious. Is she okay ? Weird sensations and ugly feelings started entering my body, giving slight pain in my chest due to utter fear & frightening panic.

I fucking want to see her okay !! Calm down Arsalaan she's totally fine. Calm down.

I rushed the car in higher speed and almost reached her office within a 5-7 minutes. I hopped down and rushed hurriedly inside but some shitty security guards stopped me halfway.