Chapter 1

Nova:

*Ring*

"I swear whoever is calling me is fucking dead." I say while feeling around for my phone. When I finally grab it I answer it while my face is still in my pillow. "Who the fuck is it, and why are you calling me so damn early." I say to the caller, but it probably came out muffled.  

"Ah you wound me sunshine" Jax says on the other end of the phone. 

"What the fuck Jax. Why are you calling me when you know I just got in like..." I check the time and see it is 7:08. "like 4 hours ago." I slowly sit up in my bed, which is barely a bed at this point. 

My parents don't give 2 shits about me and find it entertaining to beat the living daylights out of me whenever some inconvenience happens in their life, or like I said just for fun. But I guess I can thank them for my high pain tolerance, which is helpful when I am out on missions, or even when they are beating me still.

"Well you should have been up anyway, we got school today and you said you would go. So I guess it is a good thing I called to make sure your cute little ass is up." He says and I mentally shudder.

"First off you are a bitch and should have let me skip. Second off don't ever call my ass 'little' or 'cute.' You will end up dickless and tongueless." I say to him seriously. 

"I can live being tongueless, but don't threaten my manhood like that sunshine." He says sarcastically as if he was hurt. It almost makes me laugh but I can't let him think he is funny.

"I will threaten you however I please Jax, and there is nothing you can do about that. I will meet your dumbass at school. Oh and one more thing, can you look into someone by the name of Ivan Popov?" I ask while carefully standing up being cautious of my ribs. 

"Yeah I'll get on it, wanna lead me into the direction of why I am doing this?" He asks as if I owe him an explanation. 

"Not that I need to tell you, but I am supposed to kill him by the end of the week. I would just to know a little about my newest victim is all." I say in a cold tone.

"Jeez, I would hate to be on your bad side." He nearly whispers. "Yeah I'll get on it see ya soon sunshine." He says and I hang up. 

I go into my bathroom to look at my ribs. They are still really bad and it wouldn't surprise me if they were broken, but nothing pain killers can't numb. If they numb  em enough they will be just like me! (Jk..maybe...not...lol?)

I get dressed and do my makeup since Jax obviously can't just go to school alone. Why can't we just drop out I mean I got enough money for the both of us. I am basically his sugar mommy already. But no I have stupid fucking parents and have already been through all of the scenarios of doing so. Plus Jax has the sweetest mom so obviously he ain't gonna do her wrong.

When I get to school I make sure my emotionless face is up which ain't hard since I don't have much of a reason to show emotion. Everyone cowers around me which makes me laugh internally. When I spot Jax I walk up to him debating on if I want to knee check him. Actually I didn't need to debate since I already knew the answer to that. I watch as he puts his hands out to try and prevent his fall using the lockers. When he looks and sees me standing there with a smirk on my face he glares at me playfully.