Chapter 14

Marcello

"That is Valentina! Fuck bro what were you thinking. That girl is fucking bad news." I say to Antonio. Valentina is fucking shady. I mean I know that we do some shady business and shit, but that girl is a 'pock a hole in a condom and hope I get pregnant' type person. She has been trying to get with whichever one of us she can get with, and yeah she isn't the only girl to have that mindset but the others just want to be able to say they hooked up with one of us. Her on the other hand, wants to act like she is one of us, and she is definitely not. 

Lorenzo runs his hands down his face and sucks in a long breath. He looks at Antonio for a minute before speaking. "You used a condom right?" He says.

"Yeah of course I used a condom, I am not fucking stupid." Toni says, and I can see his frustration on his face. 

"Fucking Valentina automatically makes you stupid." Angelo says to him. Being twins they will always have each others backs, but they know when to call each other out on mistakes that should not have been made.

Toni stays quiet because he knows the truth. "I know you already said you used a condom, but was it one of yours? Or one that she brought?" Matteo says.

"For fucks sake! Can you guys get off my back. I am not a dumb-ass okay! Yeah I get it I shouldn't have done it. But I did, and its over. I used a condom, one of my condoms. Now can you cut the interrogation!" He snaps at us. 

"You need to calm down Toni. It was a mistake that should not have been made- I mean out of all the girls? But your right, it already happened. We are just trying to make sure she didn't go and get herself pregnant to put herself in our lives permanently. Fuck. You are a kid, you do not need to have the responsibility of what it takes to be father right now. You should be living your life, and not being tied down. So we are just making sure there wasn't a chance that she could be pregnant." Lorenzo says.

Toni lets out a breath and slowly relaxes. "No. I made sure there wasn't." He says on the quiet side.

"Good." Lorenzo pats his shoulders. "Now ...where did Nova go?" He asks. And that got all of our attention. I look around and see that Nova is nowhere and sight. She must have used that as her chance to sneak away. And she pulled that off well.

"She totally threw you under the bus to save herself." I say to Toni with slight amusement shown through my words. "Not that you don't deserve it. You have been nothing but a complete dick to her." This time the amusement is all gone, because Toni needs to fix his act. I tried to be understanding of his choices, we all have, but hes been going to far with what he has been saying to her.

"Yes actually I was going to talk to you about that." Says Lorenzo. "I gave you some time, I did. But you need to change how you speak to Nova. I don't care what fucked up reason you made to tell yourself it was okay, but no more. If I hear any type of that shit that left your mouth just  minutes ago, there will be serious punishments. I don't know what happened Antonio. I really don't. You were inseparable before she was taken, and I know you remember. Nova is here, and to stay. You will not make her feel like she isn't welcomed in her own home. I want you to give me your keys, you have lost car privileges for the week. I don't want to hear any complaints because I am letting you off easy right now. But any other nasty comments that leave your mouth directed towards Nova... I will not be letting you off this easy." He says with a cold expression on his face. "Understand?" He says. Toni nods his head. "No. I want to hear you say it Toni." Lorenzo says in frustration. Toni lets out a mumbled 'understand.' "Good." Lorenzo says.

We are all just off in our own heads in the dinning room before I speak up. "Are we not going to talk about how our little sister isn't so little anymore?" I say. 

Elio lets out a small snicker shaking his head before looking around at us. "Shit guys, she's kinda scary when she is serious." 

"Nope. There is no kinda about it, she is just scary." I say thinking about her expression when she was 'correcting' the rules.

"Yeah and the way she just pushed against almost all the rules given to her. Damn she wasn't even scared of you Lorenzo." Matteo says with his eyebrows raised.

"I know." Lorenzo says. I think he has mixed feelings about that. Torn between her being scared of him and not. Everyone fears Lorenzo, and having someone around that doesn't change things for him. But I also think he doesn't want to have our sister scared of him either. So I can see the mixed feelings about it. "Did you see the way she just so casually told me she drinks or uses drugs." He says letting out a scoff.

"Yeah! Omg, I mean I get that we do it sometimes, but like hearing my sister admit to that without admitting shocked me." Elio says reaching his hand to the middle of the table to grab a roll. I swear this kid never stops eating.

"Uh and she just told us she isn't innocent either. I don't feel good about that." Matteo says. 

"She pulled out the 21st century card for fucks sake." Elio says with a slight laugh. That got us all to laugh a bit. 

"How am I supposed to keep that rule intact when her points were better then the ones I can take out. I mean I want to keep that rule because she is my baby sister, but she backed up her point, and I don't have any to fight hers." Lorenzo says.

"I don't know... We will figure it out later. Did you see how she just left the room without any of us noticing? Like What?" Matteo says.

"No I didn't see otherwise she wouldn't have been able to sneak out." Elio says being all smart. 

"I mean I saw her leave, I just didn't say anything." Antonio speaks up.

"Huh. Well I guess we will see how she listens to the rules  for now."  Lorenzo says. 

And then we are all just thinking in silence.

Word Count: 1124