Chapter 5

Nova

As we arrive at Panera Bread... thanks to Marcello. He seemed very adamant that this is where we go, not that I am going to complain as I am a sucker for their Mac & Cheese. It was also along the way to the airport, so that weighed into this decision. I decided that this would be a good time to call Jax before he goes a little bazaar. 

After we order and find a table, I let the brothers know I am going to go to the bathroom, as I have not been able to use one for quite some time. Its not a full lie, as once I get in there I will most likely need to go.  Lorenzo lets me know that they will be right there when I get back, and I nod and walk into the restroom. 

I notice there are stalls, so I check to see if anyone else is in the bathroom before I lock the main door. I pull out my phone and hit the call button under Jax's name, and he picks up within 5 seconds...Loser.

 I didn't even get to say anything before he spoke. "What the actual fuck, Nova." Yup he is mad. He used my name. "I have been trying to call you since you should have been done at the gym! I was worried, you can't do that shit to me." He says and I wait.

"Are you done rambling now?" I question while rolling my eyes slightly annoyed as I could have been halfway through explaining the situation.

"Seriously?" He says. "Your not even the slightest bit sorry for making me worried?" He questions with a slight bit of irritation in his voice as well as relief.

"Well maybe if you would have just let me talk in the first place, you could understand that this wasn't my fault." I say with a dramatic sigh. 

"Go one then" He says slightly sarcastic, but I don't get why he would be sarcastic.

"Well first off, I was arrested-" I go to say before he CUTS ME OFF.

"You were arrested?! Again!? What the fuck did you do this time sunshine." He says with a slight laugh when saying the last part.

"First off don't cut me off or you will find yourself in a ditch." I say with my serious tone. "Secondly if you wouldn't have CUT me off then you would have already known. Now let me say this before they think I am taking a big fat shit. Anyway... I got arrested for putting some pervert in a hospital. Afterwards I was there for 5 hours which is WHY I couldn't contact you. Then I was told Greg and Leah died, and that they aren't my parents and that I was kidnapped at a young age." I say.

"WHAT?!" He says. I wasn't quite done, but this is a lot of information so I will let him cutting in slide.

"After that, they thought it was a good idea to continue piling some shit on and tell me I have brothers, actual 5 of them. I thought there were only 2 but one of them decided to tell me there are more. And I am currently at Panera , and after I eat I will be heading to the airport... I was hoping you could pick up my car for me and bring it to yours until I can figure out a shipment for it and one of my bikes." I say and wait for his response.

"Yeah... Yeah I can do that." He says, and I can hear in his voice he is still processing what I am telling him. "Where are you moving to?" He asks. 

"I will be in New York. You know it is a alright fit, seeing as they have a lot of good underground fighting I can enter. And I am sure there will be plenty of assassinations to be done, and everyone should be thrilled to know I am available." I say to him. "Oh and before I forget.. do you think you could run a name and find out more about my brothers? Well my eldest one. I am sure if you find information out about him, the rest will be easy enough." I ask. 

"Yeah I can do that what is his name?" He asks me.

"Lorenzo Rizzo, an Italian name." I tell him and he tells me he will get right on that. 

"Hey you know my moms coffee shop is closing... it isn't getting enough business. She has been looking for jobs around, but none of them are paying good money. If you send me which part of New York you are gonna be living in, I may be able to convince my mom to move us down there. I mean she loves you, your like the daughter she wasn't granted with. Sometimes I think she loves you more then me.." He mumbles the last part, and I let out a chuckle. 

"That is up to Mary, I don't want her to come down here if it is going to put to much stress on her, but I would love for you guys to be close with me. Listen I have to go, they are probably thinking I am dying in here, I will send you where I am living when I find out. I guess I should get back to my ..... brothers." I say, the title is still uncomfortable for me. Jax of course laughs probably finding my situation amusing. 

We exchange our goodbyes before hanging up. I do end up going pee, because just being in the bathroom makes me need to go, and then I head back out to the guys. "Everything alright?" Marcello asks as I sit down across from them. 

"Yes, a friend just was concerned as I went dead for a while is all." I say void of emotion. 

"Oh, well sounds like a good friend if they were concerned." He says before continuing. "What's her name?" He asks. I am getting protective brother vibes from him, and finding out he is a guy seems like it could be a issue. But oh well.

"It's a him actually." I say, not giving away his name. This should be fun.

I see Lorenzo turn off his phone interlacing his fingers before putting them on the table. "A him you say..? Well what is his name?" Lorenzo speaks. Oh fuck they both like that. I am a little worried for Jax now.

"Why do you want to know?" I ask pushing them.

"We would just like to know your friends thats all principessa." Lorenzo says, but there is no interest in his tone. Well no good interest anyway.

"I don't know if I should tell you... your... vibes seem like you want to kill him. But why? I am not sure. You didn't seem to interested when you thought this friend was a girl." I say to him blankly. 

A small hint of amusement is seen in his eyes before him and Marcello share glances. As he was about to speak a male waiter came over with our food. Which is weird, as usually they call you up to get your food. He sets down Marcello and Lorenzo's food before setting mine down. As he does so he sets a piece of paper down on my tray before winking and walking away. The paper is his number with 'call me ;)' written on it. This is the cringiest shit that has happened to me. I make a puking noise before shaking it off. My brothers are glaring at the paper as I take a bite of food. As I was getting ready to take another bite I stop as they are still looking at the paper. I set my spoon down and raise a brow as a 'really?' The boys share glances before they were about to get up but I beat them to it. "Don't even think about it, I got it." I say. I mean who knows what they would have done. Beat the guy up? No that is my job. Not that I will, I will just tell him I am not interested. I go up to the counter and the waiter sees me and walks over with a smile on his face. I put a fake smile on when he is right in front of me, and then slowly rip the paper he gave me that contains his number. His smile drops and his face slightly pales. This will probably be the last time he tries that move with a girl. I then shake my head and slide the pieces across the counter before turning around and walking away. 

I am not a total asshole 24/7, I wasn't just gonna beat him up for tryna get some. 

I see Marcello lightly laughing as I walk over, and Lorenzo with a light smirk on his face. When I sit down they turn back to face me. "See there was no need to attack him, I think he knows how to take a hint" I say to them. Marcello laughs a little harder before speaking.

"Uh yeah, you just totally ruined that dudes ego!" He says putting his hand out for a fist bump. In that action it looked like he was going to punch me, and I may have flinched... a tiny bit. I fix myself and fist bump him hoping they don't realize I flinched, but they probably did. 

I start eating my food, and when we are done we leave the restaurant and then head to the airport.

Word count: 1598