Chapter 4

Nova

As I followed Lorenzo out of the police station, the other guy who I still don't know his name I may add, follows behind me.  Am I really about to go move in with complete strangers? Well its not like I have a choice, but that doesn't mean I want to. 

I continue following Lorenzo through the parking lot until we end up at a Black SUV. Someone gets out of the drivers seat and... opens the door? Oh shit so they rich or something? I was about to question why Lorenzo was driving a mom car, but turns out he ain't driving it. Lorenzo goes through the open door without even glancing at the driver. Rude much. 

I follow and go through the door as well saying a quick 'thank you' to the driver. I mean he opened the door, I don't give a shit if it is his job is it that hard to say thank you? The smiley man is what I am going to call him also joins in the car. I am now stuck between two giant men who don't understand that I may like some space for my legs as well. I mean there is a front seat, can't one of them sit up there? Or at least stop man-spreading. Smiley man pulls out his phone, and after a ping noise comes from Lorenzo he does to. That reminds me I don't have my phone since the police didn't allow me to have it since I was arrested. Which means... Lorenzo must have it. Uhhh I have to talk to him.

"Um by any chance do you have my phone." I say in a neutral tone drumming my fingers on my leg. Lorenzo looks up and his eyes widen for a minute before he gives me a what looks like some sort of smile? Before speaking.  

"oh. Yes I do." He says before reaching into his pocket and pulling my phone out. "Here you go principessa." He says while handing it to me. I tell him thank you before turning it on. 

Damn. It is already 8:30pm. Jax is going to be very worried. I want to call him instead of text as that would be an easier way to tell him what is going on, as well as retrieve my car. I have two sets of car keys and he knows where to get my back ups. Oh that also reminds me Lorenzo probably has my car keys. "Oh sorry to bother again but um by any chance do you also have my car keys?" I ask him. 

"Your not a bother principessa. Quite the opposite actually." He says while getting out my Car keys. He hands them to me before speaking again. "What type of car is it?" He asks. Damn he is trying to make conversation.

"It is a 2022 Ferrari SF90 Stradale" I tell him and his eyes go wide before covering his surprise. Smiley man starts coughing before putting his phone on his lap. 

It's a what?!?" Smiley man asks.

"I said it is a-" I start to say before he cuts me off. I hate being cut off.

"No no I know what you said." Then why ask bitch. "How- How did you afford that, those things are expensive I don't know many people who have those." He says. I could take this one of two ways. I could consider this an insult as he didn't think I could be able to afford it, or I could take it as a complement as he doesn't know many with this car" I take it as a complement because why not. 

"I have my ways." I simply say. "Smiley man would you mind telling me your name, so I don't have to refer to you as smiley man?" I say to him while still having my emotionless mask intact.  

"Smiley man?" He chuckles at the name.

"Well I don't know your name and you seem to smile a lot, so it suits you." I reply. 

"Well Sorellina (baby sis) My name is Marcello. I am your third eldest brother." He says with a big smile on his face. Damn he really is smiley how does that not hurt his face. Wait- third eldest?

"Hold on. Did you say third eldest? I thought it was just you two." I say to him. He starts laughing and Lorenzo lets something along the lines of a chuckle out. "What is so funny?" I ask.

"You have 5 brothers Principessa" Lorenzo chimes in. 

5 brothers!?! Fuck my life. I still have questions I need to figure out before we get to where we are going.

"Where exactly are we going." I ask no one in particular. 

"We are going to the airport to fly to New York. I figured along the way we could stop and get some food first considering the time, and you haven't had dinner." Lorenzo says. I nod my head processing what he is saying. New York.

"You know... because you were in the police station for.. 5 hours." Marcello adds on to what Lorenzo said while giving me a smirk with raised brows like he wants to talk about it. I run my tongue over my teeth knowing this would be a topic. I don't wanna talk about it yet so I change the topic fast.

"Those names you were calling me.. those are Italian correct?" I ask playing dumb. Of course I know they are Italian, I mean I speak it. Fluently I may, add along with 9 other languages not counting English.  You have to know a few extra languages in my line of work. If you do not then you are stupid. 

"Yes that is correct." Marcello says to me. I nod my head to what he said. 

"Do you know any other languages?" I ask so when I talk to Jax I know which languages to use and not to use.

"Yes as a matter of fact we do. We know English.. obviously.. Italian as you just found out, as well as, Spanish, Irish, and German." He says to me. That is a lot of languages... and for what?

"Why so many?" I ask. He tenses for a moment before looking at Lorenzo for help. Interesting...

"I think it a great educational experience to start with when you are young. Our Parents had done so for me and our brothers since we were young, and I just continued and through in a couple extra languages just because." Lorenzo says. Hmmmm still interesting. Especially since he is lying straight to my face. Don't get me wrong he is a good liar, but I have been training to tell when even the best liars are telling the truth and when they are not. I let it slide though. I will be having Jax run a background check on my ... family as soon as this car is stopped. I just hum in response.

Word count: 1153