Chapter 11

Matteo

What.... The.... Actual....Fuck

I watched as Nova left the gym looking super stressed. I wanted to call out to her, but something on my insides were screaming at me saying that was a bad idea. 

So I didn't.

I stared back at the weights her words replaying in my head... "No its fine this is just my warm up."

Her warm up weight... Those words repeating in my head, not being able to wrap my mind around them. There is something wrong with them. I am not underestimating my sister, but there just seems to be a double meaning behind her words. 

Rizzzz Family 🥵

             Matteo:  When everyone is up we need to talk.

Lorenzo: What about?

          Matteo: Nova.

I already knew Lorenzo would be awake, the other boys will probably wake up in a few hours, but it can wait. As I look back at the group chat, it doesn't seem right that Nova isn't apart of it. So we will also have to make a separate one, one for business that Nova cannot know about... for now, and then an everyday one. 

For now I finish up my workout attempting to forget about the way everything in me is screaming something is wrong.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's going on with Nova?" Angelo asks.

"Well I don't exactly know if something is 'going on' with her, its just more of a feeling." I say

"So you needed to talk to us ..made it sound urgent ..over a .. feeling?" Toni says, sounding annoyed. He has been getting on my nerves lately, well everyone's nerves. We have been trying to give him space hoping this little tantrum will pass, and that it is just his way of dealing with the sudden news. I don't understand it really. His love for Nova was stronger then the bond he and Angelo share. Don't get me wrong, we all were broken over Novas disappearance, Nova made us a family. We were just starting to get the hang of things without her and it has been 14 years. Her return was the best thing that has happened to all of us. Even Antonio, he just hasn't let himself realize it yet. 

"Toni" Lorenzo says in a way of warning.

"Just listen." I say. "As always, I got up in the morning to work out. When I got in there Nova was already doing her own work out." 

"Wait- why was she awake? You get up ... unnecessarily early." Marcello speaks up.

"I don't know she says she gets up early - which I also found weird. But that's more besides the point right now." I say getting annoyed with the side questions. "When I got in there she was doing some lifting. Normal right.. Well other then the fact that she was lifting 185 Ibs as a WARM UP." I say making sure they hear the words 'warm up' not just 185 Ibs. 

"WHAT?!" Elio and Toni scream.

"Your joking." Mar says with a laugh which slowly fades when he realizes I am in fact not joking.

Lorenzo seems lost in thought, but I see his lips twitch upwards for a split second. Of course his first reaction would be to be amused. 

"Yeah no I am not joking, and I was just as shocked. Except I couldn't exactly scream like you two." I say gesturing towards the twins. "Its been stuck in my head ever since. But then after that she went and was  working with the punching bag carrying on with her plan for the day, until she randomly stopped and looked super stressed leaving the gym out of nowhere." I say hoping they share my worry and don't think I am crazy.

"Wait- by any chance did any of you punch a hole in the wall today?" Mar says randomly, and completely off topic. 

Everyone shook there head no, all confused with where he is going with this.

"When would we have had the time do do that. The day just started and we came straight here." Elio says.

"Why Marcello?" Lorenzo says. But his eyes look like he already knows. But knows what?

"Well when I was walking down I saw a hole in the wall... I figured someone got pissed today and didn't look  into it. But now that I think back, the hole was a little lower to belong to any of us - and Matteo said that Nova left the gym a little stressed, and the hole was near her room, so I just thought maybe..." He trailed off letting us finish his train of thought. 

Nova punched a hole in the wall?

"I want to see the hole." Lorenzo says to Mar. And we all start to follow him.

---------------------------

"That is a full on hole... not even just a dent." Elio says stunned.

We all are standing around like a bunch of idiots staring at the hole.

"Well she is definitely a Rizzo." I say impressed.

We are still standing around like a bunch of idiots.

"I am impressed. That's a good punch." Lorenzo says.

"Wait- are we just gonna ignore the fact she punched a hole in the wall?" Toni actually speaks.

Everyone grew tense, probably thinking of the same thing. Before anyone could speak a door opens, and we all turn to face Nova, who just left her room.

"Um.. hi?" She says, a little tense herself. She looks at where we are standing and her eyes drift to behind us when realization dawns on her face. "oh." She says just that one word.

Yeah oh. Whats going on sorellina?

Word Count: 907