Chapter 23

Andrés

She looks familiar.

I walked into class late, one because I cannot fucking do English, and two I had to discuses the whereabouts of Ivan Popov. I hadn't heard anything about him for a few days, and already having trouble with him I didn't take it as a good sign. 

Turns out the problem was dealt with and he was killed. The same assassin that always seems to be on our side whether they know it or not.  Wendigo. Definitely effective in scaring their victims. I have never met them, the word is if you see their identity you know your life is over. 

We have all thought about finding a way to contact whoever they are for help, but bringing someone like that, not knowing their opinions on us was too dangerous. For all I know, even though they've done me some favors, they might just want to end my life, or worse Lorenzo. Losing the don would fuck with everything, but outside of business he is family to me. Him, and all the other Rizzo siblings. 

Except the one I had no clue existed. How they fuck did I not know they had a sister? I have known them for several years, and not one of them ever mentioned it? It was confusing as hell. I had no idea who she was when I walked into class. And I definitely had no idea that was how she would act. 

She moves around with confidence, an 'I don't give a shit attitude,' and an unreadable face. It irritates me and indulges me. It is something that none of the other girls at our school have. All they want is a fuck, or our money. 

But her? The opposite.  She wanted nothing more then me to leave her alone. I should have noticed the similarities between her and her brothers, but no one looks for that shit until its mentioned. Nova. A Rizzo sibling. A sister.  

But yet she looked familiar. Like I have seen her somewhere. But I couldn't have. The discussion at lunch as helped me put some pieces together. The brothers clearly didn't know her whereabouts until recently. I want to ask, but now isn't the time. Not while everyone is around. Our other friends don't know the truth about us. We don't need them to know, they have nothing to do with this side and they never will. But I will definitely be talking to Antonio about what is behind the story of Nova. 

She sits there, at the table not giving a shit as she eats her big mac. Other girls would order a salad, but not her. That's a good trait to have.

I don't know why I said that. It doesn't matter what traits she has and doesn't have. 

Her and... Jax was it? Seem close. He never went here either, so they must have come together. We've already established hes not her boyfriend... not that it matters.

I have been sitting here wondering why they so quickly jumped to tell Courtni not to learn other languages though. For us there was a reason, but for them? What is their excuse? 

That on top of wanting to know why she looks so familiar will be bugging me for a while. 

A ringing cuts through someones phone at the table, and everyone turns to look at where it is coming from. Nova takes her phone out and shows it to Jax. He looks at her and nods with a serious face and she stands up, "I gotta take this, I'll see you guys later" She says before grabbing her stuff and heading out. Jax stands, stuffs the trash into the McDonalds bag, getting ready to head that way to. 

"Hey, is everything good? Whose calling her?" Elio asks.

Jax grabs his bag before turning to him. "Yeah no everything's fine. Just a friend from our old school." he says. "Uh I gotta go, I wanna say hi." He says before taking off.

We all share looks thinking the same thing. That wasn't a reaction to a phone call from a friend.

Word Count: 682