Chapter 8

Nova

"That was french you were speaking." Lorenzo says. Although I couldn't make out if it was supposed to be a question, or a statement.

"Yes it was." I say to answer the non question that may be in the air.

"How did you learn french?" He asks and I can see the curiosity in his eyes.

"School.. Mainly. I needed a language credit. and as you once said 'its a great educational experience' so I continued to learn it." I say throwing his words back at him. I can see a small smirk forming on his lips as well as the amusement and a mix of pride in his eyes. I wasn't really lying on this question though. I did need a language for school and I did choose french to be it. I may have already known some french, but not fully and school did help with that surprisingly.

"Do you know any other languages?" He asks. Now this question will raise suspicion, if I choose to answer it correctly. I can give it some truth, but I also don't need them learning every single language I know and finding out secrets that are meant to be hidden. 

"Yes." Simple enough, and I answered his question honestly. But now time for the lying.

"What others?" He asks, while fixing who he was sitting. Marcello has been awfully quiet, but he is listening to every word as if he is looking for a lying tell. Sucks for him I don't have one. 

"Spanish I am pretty fluent in. I also know sign language." I say. Not mentioning the 7 other languages I speak. 

"Hmm. Why sign language?" Lorenzo asks. Which is an easy enough quetion.

"I had a friend who used sign language, so I learned it. It also wasn't a bad thing to know when you were in class and couldn't stand the teacher." I say. And I didn't lie once in saying this. I did have a friend who used sign language to communicate after she went mute. 

"Had? As in you aren't friends anymore?" He asks cautiously as if he already knows what I am going to say.

"Had as in died. Ang was a great friend of mine, I never had any problems with her." I say in final tone closing the topic. Ang had died a year and a half ago, the reason she became mute just... got to much for her to handle. I am not going to disclose any information to Lorenzo or Marcello since I do not know them, even if they are my so called brothers I do not know them. I think Lorenzo had gotten the hint that this topic was not up for discussion.

"I am sorry to hear that." Is all he said, and it wasn't lased with pity. Like he knew I wouldn't like that, but it was also genuine. I nod my head in response.

"Who was that you were on the phone with?" Marcello finally speaks up. Of course this is his question. 

"That was Jax." Why do I kinda wanna see how this plays out...

"And who is Jax?" He asks. I can see him and Lorenzo both tense, and I can see a form of anger towards.. Jax? Oh Jax you better run because this is hilarious.

"Jax is a... friend." Sorry not sorry Jax. But I have to see how this plays out.

"A friend? What kind of friend?" Lorenzo says while cracking his knuckles. Oh hell nah Lorenzo.

"You better relax, you may start looking like a murderer pretty soon. That wouldn't be a good look now would it.?" I say tilting my head to the side. 

"Nova. Answer the question." He says, and I can see the blood through his eyes. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to mess with the Don of a Mafia?

"Jax is my best-friend, more of a brother, as he can be a pain in my ass." I say slightly quieter with the last part. "But you may want to rethink killing him because you'd have to kill me before you got to him." I say with a cold stare making sure they know I am not joking. 

"You do know I wouldn't actually kill him right?" Lorenzo says and I smirk.

"Sure." I reply. I can see the worry in his eyes because dear old brother doesn't know what I know. He doesn't even know the true me.

"Sure?" Marcello repeats my response also with worry in his eyes. We are all buckled back in now as the plane is getting ready to land, and I will be off to meet the other brothers. Oh how joyful (Note the sarcasm.)

"Sure." I say with the same smirk on my face not moving my eyes from Lorenzo's. 

New York... What business will you bring me.

Word Count: 793