Chapter 21

Nova

Could the day go by any slower? 

Thankfully it is finally time for lunch, I cannot deal with anymore teachers yapping. Walking into the lunch room, I scan the area for a free table for Jax and I. He told me that he was stopping at McDonald's, and was going to pick me up a Big Mac meal with a Dr. pepper! Big mac sauce has always been one of my favorites.

  I finally found an empty table and heading towards it when a familiar voice called out my name. Of course it belonged to Angelo, just when I thought I could go unnoticed. Nope, now all the nosy people (aka everyone) have turned their heads to see who the all famous Angelo Rizzo is talking to. That is another thing I learned today, well actually the only thing I learned... that my brothers seem to have everyone bowing at their feet in this school. All the girls fix their shirts to show more of their tits whenever they walk by, or try to talk to them. Whenever one of my brothers give the slightest glance in their direction, suddenly he is into her. It is kind of embarrassing if you ask me. I think girls should know their worth. 

I close my eyes and take a deep breath before I turn around. I look at Elio with a raised brow waiting on what he has to say. I swear if it is just a "Hi," or something stupid I will beat him up for causing all of this attention.

"Come over here, I saved you and Jax a seat!" He says with a smile on his face. I look back at the empty table I was heading towards to see it is now occupied by another group, and then back at my brothers table. I sigh and then head over to where he invited me. I am trying to decide if I should feel bad for the words I am going to have with him later. "Oh come on, don't look thaaatt miserable, I know you wanted to see me!" He says ruffling my hair. I slap his hand away with a harsh glare and he mumbles a "sorry." Yeah I will not feel bad for the words we are going to have later, in fact I might add some on. "Did you want something for lunch? I can go up and get you something, or go up with you if-" 

"No its fine. Jax is bringing me McDonald's." I tell him, the blank face I have had on since I walked into the school still intact. 

"Is he getting me any-"

"No." 

"But-"

"Shush."

He lets out a angry huff and slumps back into his chair. "Maybe you can have some of my fries-" He sits up and lets out a big smile. "MAYBE" I tell him with a pointed look, and he nods his head eagerly like a 5 year old. I really don't understand how we can be related.... I think they mixed up my blood results with someone else... because there is no way I am related to... that... And there is DEFINITELY no way I am related to Antonio....Hmmm maybe-

"What are you thinking about?" Elio asks.

"I was just thinking of how high the chances are that they mixed my blood results with someone else, because I don't think it is possible for me to be related to you."  I say flatly. I hear a few snickers around the table, and that is when I notice their friends sitting here. 

"Hey! That is very rude and disre-" Elio is cut off by a voice that makes me calm down and happy all at once. I mean come on... my food has finally arrived.

"If you have not learned yet that Nova is a bitch, then she has really, and I mean REALLY, mastered the nice act that I have been waiting to see for all the years I've known her." My now ex- best-friend says... Just kidding, he is actually my only friend so he stays. He drops the food down in front of me and plops in the seat next to me. Once he is seated I slap him upside the head and start taking my food out. "What the fuck was that for." he says rubbing the spot I just hit.

"For calling me a bitch." I shrug and bite into my Big Mac. He just huffs and starts eating his own fries.

"Oh Nova let me introduce you to our friends, Elio says. I look at Antonio noticing he hasn't said any snarky comments towards me yet, I thought being around his friends he would have thought it was funnier to do so. Maybe he knows the shit he said was wrong and doesn't want his friends to give him weird looks.

Elio starts going around the table giving me names to everyone. "This is Caden, Ledger, Ledgers girlfriend Courtni, Ryder, and last by certainly not least, Andrés." 

I look at everyone at the table, and when my eyes land on the last person Elio had mentioned, I really wanted to slam my head on the table.

Pretty boy....

Word Count: 858

Sorry about the really short Chapter... I am exhausted with a bad headache, but felt like it was time for another Chapter. I will write this weekend though.