Chapter 16

Nova

I will never hot wire a car again. 

Okay that might be a lie.... it depends on the situation at hand. But I really miss my vehicles. I got told the two I wanted to ship would be arriving tomorrow which I am glad about. I am in need of a night ride down the highway with my music playing. Jax and I would do that all the time back in LA, I can't wait for him to be here so we can do those again. 

He said they found a really nice apartment, and that they got plane tickets for a week from now. They have been packing like crazy from this last minute decision, but its one of those experiences you don't regret. Because of this I haven't been able to talk to him much, but it will be fine when he gets down here and I can see him and Mary. 

Mary is the mother I never had. She always treated me like her daughter, and was always there to talk when I needed. I never needed to be the emotionless bitch everyone sees me as. She also doesn't judge me for that facade, and she never questions it. I know she notices the difference of me in public rather then when it is just her, Jax, and I. Still she loves me as a daughter, ever since I was little. Without her and Jax I do not think I would have made it. 

As I pull up to the address Jake sent, I pass it to park the car down a little further. I wanted to drive past it to make sure I knew where it was. I look in the car mirror to make sure everything is in place before I get out and walk over. 

"Name." The security says before looking at me up in down with a smirk. "Are you sure your in the right place doll?" Disgust. That is the only thing that I can use to describe what I am feeling.

"Hmm.. I guess that really depends who you are asking.." I say tapping my finger over my chin for dramatics. "Some know me as my fighting name Rose... others made up there own, said 'Rose didn't give justice' and called me Blood Princesa... But the one that I hear floats around the most? Well that one is Reina del ring... But bye all means whichever name works for you." (Queen of the ring

When I started out fighting I needed a name. Jake and Jax helped me pick Rose out. Never underestimate a girl. She could have thorns that will prick you when you least expect it. 

His face pales and I see his adams apple move as he gulps. "Please forgive me, I- I didn't know." He says as he moves to the side offering me room to go in. Yet I stand in my same spot.

 "Is that how you act when any girl comes through here.." My eyes flick down to his name tag, "Johnathan?" At this point he is nearly shaking. Its nice knowing everyone knows my true skills. "You know that name seems to suit you now." I walk past him and into the building. I am supposed to be looking for someone named Aiden. Apparently that is the name of Jakes friend who is going to show me around and get everything figured out for me.  He knows who I will be fighting, and that is what I wanna know. I want to know more about my competitor, I want to find his weaknesses while he is fighting, and I want to know his strengths.  I have never fought anyone from New York, but hopefully there will be more challenges here. I need to push myself, but I can't do that if I have the same type of competition I did when I was in LA .

I walk up to someone who looks like a worker. "Excuse me. I am looking for someone named Aiden? He owns the place, did you know if he was here?" I say when a voice comes from behind me.

"That depends who is asking." I turn at the sound of the deep voice.

"A friend of Jakes." I say knowing that will ring a bell.

"Ahhhh. Hello Rose. It is lovely to finally meet you. I have heard nothing but the best about your fighting, I can't wait to see it for myself. Hopefully it upholds the standard I hear." Aiden says.