Chapter 3

Nova

I sat in silence while keeping my hands behind my back. I am starting to get cramps that are building up in my arms. Were they really going to leave me handcuffed like this for this long? Bryan ended up leaving the room 5 minutes ago, and I am stuck with big old brute for the time being. He is doing his regular talking about something but I I have tuned him out at this point. I haven't been listening to anything he has been saying for the past hours I have been held up in here, but focused on the discussion we had earlier.

I have brothers? 

Plural?

I was kidnapped?? My last name isn't hale?

Questions have been filling my head to the point I can feel the weight of them. I am so tempted to just leave the room. I mean I can, there is nothing restraining me... 

Intrusive thoughts

As I was seriously thinking about leaving, the door opened and without looking at those who came in, I had already guessed who it was. I was told my eldest brother would be coming to get me approximately 3 hours ago. Well at least from what I can tell, I do not have a clock in here. Before I look over, I make sure my emotionless face is still in tact preparing myself ahead of time so I don't show anything towards these men. My trust issues always getting the best of me.

Turning my head to see their faces I make eye contact with the first one before analyzing his face. It seems hiding emotion runs in the family, as he carries the same mask. I am able to see a slight glint of something in his eyes though. I am not sure exactly what it is which bothers me as I always need to know, I have to be in control. It looked like a bit of surprise... but then it faded away. 

I slid my gaze over to the next one who didn't have the same mask, and instead was giving me a soft smile. It almost was as if he was controlling himself from smiling to much. 

So these are the brothers I supposedly have. The room has fallen silent since they and Bryan came in. Big old brute had finally stopped his rambling, or whatever it was he was doing for the past hours. Until big old brute decided to open his big annoying ass mouth again. 

"Hello I am officer Martin, you must be.." He trails off looking between the brothers. The one who has the same mask as me speaks up, and when I say his voice his deep I mean its deep and scary. And nothing scares me. 

"Lorenzo." He says coldly towards him. And damn it feels good to see big old brute come close to shitting his pants. 

"Right Lorenzo well-" He starts to say when Lorenzo cuts him off, which of course I am thankful for.

"How long has my sister been in this room." He asks staring down big old brute. Damn I really want to laugh at this sight, but I don't and hold my composure.

"Well I am not exactly sure, I would say maybe 4 or 5 hours." He says back and his gulp doesn't go unnoticed by me.

"Let me put this in other words now. How long has m sister been handcuffed." He says now glaring at him. I would definitely not want to be in his position, he is intimidating. Damn I don't think my stare is even that scary, that's depressing.

"Well Lorenzo-" He starts to say most likely coming up with an excuse before Bryan cuts him off.

"Since she got arrested for beating up that man Mr. Rizzo." He says to my I guess brother. It almost looks like he has a pissed off look towards big old brute to! 

Aww I knew Bryan loved me.

"Those handcuffs need to be removed now." Lorenzo says, and now I am really fighting a laugh. I mean come on - first I don't even have them on, I get to see big old brute scared shitless, anndd Bryan just admitted he loves me without admitting me loves me!

Big old brute looked at Bryan and nodded, as a silent 'go do it.' As he was getting closer I let a smirk fall onto my lips as I brought my hands around holding the handcuffs in my right before sliding them across the table and leaning back in my chair. Bryan stopped in his tracks before his eyes went wide. He then brought his lips into his mouth trying to prevent a laugh. Big old brute lets out something that sounded like a 'what the fuck.' Lorenzo still had his emotionless mask up but only for the most part because I swear I saw his lips twitch and his eyes flash with something that looked like pride. The guy standing next to Lorenzo started coughing, but he was really laughing and he was using that as a cover up.

"It's good to see you sorellina" (baby sister) Lorenzo says with amusement in his eyes. I still have no idea who these men are so I just give him a slight nod as a sorta of acknowledgment. He also speaks Italian, so I will be holding onto that information. "We will be leaving now" He says to no one in particular before turning towards the door. Big old brute was about to say something before he could, Lorenzo beats him to it. "And I suggest you don't say anything stupid, as you did keep a minor held in a interrogation room, as well as some other things that could hold potential violations." He says and big old brute just nods his head. Bryan has a slight smirk on his face before shaking it off. "Lets go Nova." Lorenzo says before leaving the room. The other one stays and waits for me to leave, but as I am doing so I am stopped by Bryan.

"Now don't be getting into to much trouble." He says with a slight smile. I return it as I have always had respect for him. I mean he doesn't have a nickname so that means something anyway. "Who am I kidding, me saying that does nothing." He says with a light sad chuckle. "Hopefully I will see you soon. Wait but not because you were arrested or anything like that okay?" He says and I let out a slight laugh. 

"Goodbye Bryan." I say to him before walking out the door followed by the other brother person. 

"Goodbye Nova." Bryan calls out one last time.

As I walk around the corner I see Lorenzo finishing some paper work at the front desk. I feel so out of place as the situation I am in is not something that is considered normal. The other brother comes up and stands next to me. He lets out a content sigh as we sit in a comfortable silence waiting for Lorenzo. 

When Lorenzo finally finishes the paper work, he turns to us and says "lets go." before heading towards the front door, not even waiting to see if we follow. Which we obviously do.

This should be an interesting ride to.. oh shit wait. Where am I even going? I need to contact Jax and tell him what is going on.

Word Count: 1221