Chapter 22

Nova

I stare at Andrés, the one who thought he was intimidating in my English class. He is also looking at me, confused features written all over his face. 

I redirect my gaze from him to my big mac before anyone says anything. "Yeah, we've met." I say with my blank facade to Elio.

"Oh..? When?" He asks.

"First block, we have the same English class. He whines like a baby when he doesn't get what he wants." I say before stuffing my face with some fries. Jax starts laughing and puts his soda down. I wonder what kind he got..

"Hey! What the fuck. You have your own." He says snatching his Pepsi back. I shrug and take a sip of my Dr Pepper.

"I don't fucking whine like a baby." Andrés says.

"Uh Yes the fuck you do." I say, still not looking at him.

"What did you do?" Elio asks him.

"I didn't do anything!" He says turning his gaze from Elio to me, with a finger pointed in my direction. "She took my seat, and wouldn't move." I love how he feels the need to defend himself. Like he totally didn't show up to class late, and threaten the new student if she didn't move...

"And I will give you the same response as last time... Next time don't show up late to class if you want that seat." I say with a shrug.

Jax is next to me silently laughing. His body shaking, and I swear it is causing the table to shake.

"Cut the shit Jax, I am trying to eat and your causing the table to move like its in a earthquake." 

"My bad sunshine." He says patting my head, causing me to swat his hand away.

"Are you her boyfriend?" Ledger asks.

"Ew"

"Gross"

Me and Jax reply at the same time. Courtni laughs slightly at our reactions.

"Shes like my little baby sister." Jax says trying to get under my skin.

"Little? Baby? wanna test how 'little' I am.. Jax?" I say with a sinful sweet smile.

"NO! I am sorry, won't happen again sunshine." He says wide eyed.

"Your seriously scared of a girl, half your size?" Antonio ACTUALLY speaks up! Wow I had thought my dream came true and he was mute!

"Hey." Jax says with his scary serious face. It doesn't scare me, but it has scared others. "You know what happened the night you found out about her whereabouts. She could do 4 times worse to you, and I could do 2 times worse. Just a heads up for future conversations." He says.

The table is silent for a long beat until Ryder speaks up.

"What'd she do...?" He asks hesitantly. 

"Get arrested for sending a pervert to the hospital." Elio says casually, anger dripping in his tone. "Do we know if he is still there? Or..." 

"Oh last I knew he was in a coma." Jax says.

"YOU PUT SOMEONE INTO A COMA?!?!?" Ledger and Ryder yell.

"As she should." Courtni says. "Serves that dick right." She says with a smirk. I smirk back and wink, causing her to laugh.

Andrés is looking at me, well more like studying me. As if staring at me longer will cause all the answers he wants to be written on my skin. All though I am sure some answers could be answered through my tattoo's that are covered. 

"Take a picture, it will last longer." I resort, not meeting his eyes. He scoffs, but rolls his eyes and turns away.

"Hey wait, we never did get to hear the story of how you guys met." Elio says.

"Alright, to sum it up for you... I sat down at a desk-"

"My desk." Andrés says with a slight glare.

"I sat at A desk. Don't cut me off." I say with a glare of my own. "Oh, I will add I was already late to class, because someone is not very good at directions-"

"Hey!"

"Sh"

"Don't tell me to-"

"SH. Or I won't tell you." He is quite, so I am able to continue. "Blababla I sit down in the corner by the window, the teacher yaps, and its already half way through class maybe a bit more when someone prances on in-"

"I did not do that-"

"Whatever-" Jax is laughing next to me, finding the story amusing. "He strolls in telling me to move, I say no, he tried to threaten me-" I am cut off by Jax who starts wheezing like a weirdo. 

"Bro- You did not try to threaten her! Your so dumb." He says shaking his head. One look from me he clears his throat and mumble a "Sorry, go on"

 "Anyway I didn't move he whined like a baby, and had to sit somewhere else. The end." I say sitting back.

"Again didn't whine. But you also missed the part where you spoke fluent Spanish?" He says with a raised eyebrow.

"One of my many talents." I say with a wink.

"You speak Spanish?" Elio asks.

"Si. ¿Por qué, hay algo malo en eso?" (Why, something wrong with that?)

Surprise takes over both Elios and Antonios expressions. I almost forgot they weren't there for the conversation on the plane.

"No por supuesto que no, solo estaba sorprendido" Elio says back in Spanish. (No of course not, I was just surprised.)

Its quite for a minute, everyone just eating until Jax speaks up.

"Lo siento, me sentí excluido" He says.(Sorry, I felt left out.)

That causes me to smack him upside the head again.

"Wait.. so you both speak Spanish?" Antonio asks.

"Yep." I say, trying to hint that I don't want to speak to his bitch ass. 

"Why?" He continues.

"Umm because its a free country and we can learn whatever the fuck we want...?" Jax says. Everyone at the table turns and gives him a blank stare, while I take a breathe and run my hand down my face. "I don't know.... just a thought." He mumbles.

"Jax?" I question, taking my face out of my hands.

"Yes sunshine.." He says with an innocent smile pushing slightly away from me.

"Last straw.... Last fucking straw." 

"Got it." 

"we learnt it because, well one, we got bored. Two we needed a language for school. Three... who doesn't like talking shit about someone in a language they don't understand?"

"Omg that's a great idea. Now I feel like I should go learn some other languages!" Courtni says.

"No"

"It's not worth the hype"

"Let's not."

"Don't"

"Girl its not as cool as it sounds"

Antonio, Jax, Elio, Andrés, and I all say around the same time. We all quickly look at one another skeptically not saying a word. I already know why they said no, but they don't know why we did. I can tell they are trying to read us, but it is just a silent exchange. Well Until Jax speaks up.

"I mean I know why I said no, but why did you say no?" 

I fucking warned him..... that was my last straw!  

Word Count: 1130

When Rodeo started playing on my playlist, I had to take a 4 minute break before I could continue writing.