Chapter 14 : Will you sleep with me?

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

No matter how many times I said it, it didn't feel enough.

"Hey, It's okay. You don't have to apologize anymore," he said, gently patting my shoulders.

I looked at him and said, in between sobs, "I hurt her, Jamie. I hurt Anya. I didn't mean to. But I did. I don't deserve you guys."

He gently pushed me back, looked into my eyes, and smiled. It was the most gorgeous smile I had ever seen. "You deserve a lot more than what you have and a lot more than what you think you do. It's not your fault. Just relax."

"But I hurt you too, didn't I? You didn't deserve to be hurt like that. I always end up hurting the people I love." 

Shit. Did I say love? My tears stopped in embarrassment.

"Love? You love me, huh?" he asked with a smirk.

"Jerk." I mumbled, looking away.

He pulled me back into the embrace and said, "You didn't hurt me."

"Oh, so that's why you went stiff when I hugged you just now?" I asked, breaking away from him. The hug had already been too long.

"Um... Trust me. It was definitely not because I was hurt."

"Then?" I questioned him, hands crossed.

"That... That was because... Hey! I forgot to ask. Where are you going to stay today?" I loved when he tap-danced around my question. It was cute.

I would've dragged out the answer, but what he asked was a problem to be addressed immediately. I was supposed to stay with Anya, but now it would be chaos.

"I don't know. I need some time before I face her again," I said in a low voice.

"Lilly. Don't feel guilty for this. As I told you already, you didn't do anything wrong. She's just like you. You can't take it when someone accuses you, and she can't take it when someone shouts at her. You both have your own pasts. She'll understand. Don't worry."

I often forgot that these people had their own problems, which were way worse than mine, and yet here I was fussing over the little things.

"I don't know any girls other than Anya and Elle." I could stay alone. They have rented a lot of rooms, and the boys will probably sleep in one. But I didn't want to be alone.

"Um... Lilly? If you don't mind... will you sleep with me?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Wait. No. No. Not like that. Don't get me wrong. Shit. I'm messing up," he said, scratching his head. His ears were slightly pink. 

Was he blushing? I chuckled.

"I forgot you can laugh," he said, still embarrassed.

"Come on, let's go. Where's your room?" Before he could say something, I added hastily. "Don't get any ideas. Just sleeping." I knew he didn't mean it, but it was fun toying with him.

"Just sleeping," he said with a mischievous smirk.

***

"I'm back," said Jamie as he entered the room. He had gone to pick up my suitcase from Anya's room.

"How's she?"

"Good. I talked to her a bit. But I didn't say anything about you. It's your responsibility to explain. She seemed a little shaken, but nothing bad."

I let out a sigh of relief. I had been worried sick. I promised him that first thing tomorrow, I'd go talk to her.

When I entered the room after changing into my pyjamas, Jamie was sitting on one end of the bed, leaning on the headboard, his hair ruffled. When did he get changed? He was in a tank t-shirt that showed all of his muscles in a golden glow.