In Laws

Theres a knock at the door, I ignore it. Thinking its just the wind.

Theres another knock at the door, my eyes struggle to stay open as they set on the wood of the door, my eyes then divert themselves to the clock that hangs in the room. Its 7am, who is knocking at my door at 7 in the morning?

I groan in frustration, today was going to be a day where I refuse to meet anyone, a day where I can keep to myself and my thoughts but something as simple as a knock just had to ruin my day.

The knocking becomes louder and rougher, the loud bangs echoes in the room as I groan even louder. My room is dark from the curtains that hide the sun, yet I can still see everything perfectly fine.

Throwing the covers off of me, and planting my feet on the ground. I stroke a hand in my hair an yawn as I make my way to the door.

The handle twists and the door opens at my hand, on the other side is a women, look no older then 50.

Shes wearing a small white dress, with a black cardigan over on top, her hair is in a tight bun, her skin wrinkly and the her makeup patchy.

She gives me a warm smile, her eyes are a soft green and her ears are decorated with silver studs. I look down her figure and notice the box that shes carrying.

It looks heavy, a big black box.

"Morning Mrs Cassano, Mr Cassano has asked me to get you dressed and ready for the day" Her soft voice speaks as she barges past me and opens my bedroom door wide.

I'm too tired to even register her words, or the fact that she called me Mrs Cassano.

I'm about to respond when suddenly a hiss escaped my lips as she draws the curtains wide open, the scrotching sun shines through the windows and illuminates the room. My eyes start to burn from all the light and I hide them with my arm.

"The guests will be arriving soon, shall I prepare you a bath? Or would you prefer a quick hot shower instead?" Her voice speaks again and I direct my eyes from the scorching sun that peels through the window to her small figure again.

Guests are coming? Who?

"Huh" is all I can see to get out, my morning voice is deep and I can barely seem to speak.

I think the I took a few more pills then I should have yesterday.

"Your in-laws are coming" Suddenly my head starts to steady itself, and I register her words.

My inlaws are coming?

Realization hits me, if Ace's parents are coming then...

Mr Cassano is coming as well.

I groan internally as I remember the man that I absolutely hate with all my guts, the stupid man that proposed the contract to marry his good for nothing son to begin with.

I roll my eyes and contemplate just kicking this women out and sleeping soundly in my bed again, but before I even notice, I am being pushed towards the bathroom and the shower turns on.

"I will be back in 10 minutes, your clothes will be placed neatly on your bed for you" She speaks, as she closes the bathroom door without another word and exits the room. I hear rumbling on the other side but ignore it and immediately strip myself of my clothes and step into the shower

The warm water sprays down from the shower head and onto my body, the water runs down in streams from my forehead, to my neck, then to the valley of my breasts.

Running both hands through my hair, as I carefully bathe my hair in the shower cubicle.

Reaching forward for the shampoo, squeezing some onto my hand and lathering it all evenly through my hair, rinsing soon afterwards and repeating the step with my conditioner. The smell of Roses invades my senses as I smell my hands.