The Night Was Still Young

The dinner was nothing memoriable to say the least, the boys just kept gobbling up their food like little starving gremlins. Ace's sister and I had someone what of a little discuession before she got emerged with her brother and family.

Mr Cassano just stared point blank at me the entire time, most likely thinking if I have something up my sleeve, because there would have been no way for me to stay quiet for this long. But the truth is, I have no plan.

I have no idea what I am going to do, I dont have the slightest idea on how I am going to bring down the Cassano family, let alone kill Ace. The only times i ever see him is when hes at work or at times like this when we are both putting up an act. 

But there is something weird going on in this house that unsettles me, for example my little encounter with one of the maids when I stepped into the guest bedroom earlier is rubbing me in the wrong way. There hiding something, and I'll be damned if I I kill him before I find out.

It just seems to be a normal and boring day around here, I'm only dressed in black sweats and a black tank tok with my hair down, lying on the couch and scrolling through the television.

Ace should be home by now if not then later, I grab my phone out of my pocket and dial Jasons Number.

After the fith ring, he finally answers.

"Hello"  His voice rings through the phone,

"Hey whats up"

"Nothing much what about you?"

"I'm good, everything good?"

"I actually have a favour to ask you" 

"What is it?"

"Can you make me a report on the Cassano Family?"

"A report? for what"

"Something is going on in this house and I just want to make sure it isn't anything that is going to concer me or get in the way of my plans, but I have no way to start investigating my claims. So with your ability to find absolutely anything on the internet, I was just wondering if you could find me some dirt on Ace"

"I guess I can do that, no problem, when do you want it?"

"The sooner the better"

I end the phone call there and toss my phone across the couch, maybe this will distract me from my thoughst for a few days while I wait.

Suddenly a bang is heard from the kitchen that makes me startles and jump in my seat, Is it Ace?

I get up, silently tip toeing my way into the kitchen and seeing the front door open.

Ace walks through the door and takes his shoes off, hangs his coat on the coat hanger and makes eye contact with me, there is something wrong definately, I can see it by how the way his eyes darken immediately when he sees me.

He walks closer and throws his things on the kitchen counter.

He doesnt bother speaking to me, he walks further into the kitchen and immediately grabs a bottle of whiskey and downs in. not bothering with a glass.

I wince at this motion and make a mistake "You should'nt drink it from the bottle you know" I point him out on it.

He immediately holts and stares at me, the bottle only inches from his mouth.

He doesnt speak as his eyes stare horrifying straight into mine, "shut the fuck up" is all he says as he continues downing the bottle down his throat.

his adams apple bobs up and down from the motion, I tare my eyes away frm that and focus on his attitude. Never in my life have I allowed such a man to talk to me like that and I wont start now.