War.

"No Martino I specifically said the black one with burgundy, not gold with sky blue, if you dont get it right next time I swear on everything I own I will make sure your daughter grows up without a father, understood?" 

I throw my phone onto my desk and slump back into my chair, rolling my sleeves up and taking a sip of my rum. The cold liquid slips smoothly down my throat, the burning sensation allows a sigh to release my mouth.

I close my eyes but every time I do all I see is her.

Her dark mysterious eyes, her flowy waves that make her raven hair, her smooth buttery skin, her long lashes, her figure that could satisfy many for god knows how long. Her laugh, her smile her everything.

Shes invaded my mind like a plague, and I dont have a cure for it yet. But the image I see in my head, is of the last time I saw her. Last night, red skin, puffy eyes, water threatning to burst from them, the look of absolute hurt and pain in her eyes.

My eyes shut even tighter at the image again, all the things I said to her, everything that happened has been playing in my head nonstop for the past 24 hours. The way my words affected her, the bruise that was starting to form on her again. 

For some reason I have wanted nothing but to see her, see how shes doing, see if shes alright, just to see her. But then I am reminded of who I am, and what I did, what I said. I believe I hated myself constantly for the past 24 hours.

I got home that night after a terrible day at work, apparently a very important shipment of mine that was coming from norway had been robbed mid transport. All the goods were sent to the Russians that invaded my precious cargo. I had been bathing and loathing on them that whole day and when her attitude that night started acting out I couldnt control my anger anymore. 

I left that night, returned to my office and worked out a solution, which I have only now found a solution to. I stayed the night in my office and woke up again, to continue my quest.

But now that the problem has been resolved, I can return home. Only I have been sitting here for the past 2 hours doing work that isn't even meant for me instead of going home. I believe a part of me wants to avoid seeing Aliyna, but then again a part of me cant stand just seeing that image of her in my head, so the need to see her in a different state is taunting me.

I take note and the state of my office, its a mess, its a bigger mess than it ever has been. Paper are all over the place, folders opened and unorganized. Its the worst its ever been, clearly my head isn't in a good place.

Nevertheless, its getting late and I should head back no matter how much I dredging it. I pack up my things, grab my coat and hit the lights before heading back to The Cassano Manor.

---------------------------------------------------

The sound of my ferrari engine shutting off always leave me at some form of peace for some reason, getting out of the car and locking it before stepping inside the mansion. I am immediately greeted with a strange smell, not something that I recognize.

The house seems oddly quiet, as if no one had been living in it for the past day, theres an eery feeling to it, almost lifeless. Whatever it is, It is not a good feeling.

Somethings wrong, I know it.

the sound of my footsteps echo throughout the hallway, I walk and walk, with each beat my heart beats faster and faster, at the same time, I dont even realize that my footsteps have gotten faster and faster to the point where I am almost sprinting towards the main lobby.

I see the corner and turn, and the sight before me sickens my stomach.

Blood, lots of it, everywhere.

The walls are painted, the floor is painted, the kitchen tiles and slabs are all painted in the same colour of red. The wooded flooring is covered with dead bodies, each have been brutally murdered. The main lobby has been completely trashed up, dishes broken in the kitchen and all the furniture ruined. I look down to the floor, notice the lying dead men in my living room and see guns strapped to their bodies. And only one thing comes to my mind.

Aliyna.

Without a second thought I run to the upstairs and swing open her bedroom door, "Aliyna" I say, but her room is vacant, the curtains arn't drawn but her windows are down, her bed doesn't look like its been slept in at all. 

So I rush to my bedroom, my office, any room I could possibly think off, until I pass a bedroom that has its door wide open, and a broken glass vase at the doorframe. Theres another body here, she must have run upstairs as well.

The bodies arn't fresh, but they arn't old either, I rush into the bedroom and all I see is that its a guest bedroom, nothing special at all. Until I notice a letter on the bedside table, a yellow note with black writing.

My heart is beating a mile minute and I dont even want to imagine the possible state that Aliyna could be in right now, all I know is that I am going to get her back.

I pick up the note and hold is firmly in my hand, reading the contents 

"Shes a fine piece, would sell beautifully - Volkov" 

"Son of a bitch" Is all that leaves my lips. 

He took her, my biggest rival and enemy took Aliyna. Shes gone, for a whole day probably, did they come when I left? or during the day? it doesn't matter when she came all that matters is I am going to kill Franz Volkov for touching whats mine.

Pictures of Aliyna being hurt, and shot even in this house play through my head, suddenly I feel a huge pang of guilt in my heart. If she somehow dies, then I dont believe I could live with myself knowing those were the last words that I spoke to her, knowing that I had hurt her so badly and I might even get the chance to apologise.

Whatever happens, I will find her, and Volkov, will pay.