42: THE BUTLER'S DEMISE

"Don't look... It'll traumatize you." Alexander murmured as he kept her wrapped around his arms. Rachelle remained quiet, standing there while grinning hard. She could hear them murmuring about the dead body that was now removed from the Duchess' room.

"Secure the premises of the castle, let everyone not leave or enter the gate without getting identified. Those who will let out this issue will be imprisoned for life. I shall not hear this issue going out of this manor because if I did, there would be hell to pay." The Duke announced to everyone, remaining calm.

"How could you do this to me, your Grace? Do you not fear that someone in this room might be the one who sent this to me?" The Duchess exclaimed, feeling hurt by the Duke's action. It's as if he doesn't give a damn about her in any way.

Rachelle could feel her eyeing her, blaming her once again. This woman really thinks she's the one who sent her the body when she was the one who sent the assassin to her room.

Basically, in Rachelle's logic, she's returning the thing that she owes towards the Duchess-and that is the man's body.

"Right. Because how would the assassin end up in the Madame's room? I suggest we should tighten the security and add more guards inside and outside patrolling for something suspicious. We should also look at our employees' unusual activities. For example, contacting someone outside of the manor." Rachelle said towards them as she pulled away from Alexander's arms.

"Are you accusing our employees of unfaithful people, Felicia? That's not a reason to pry for their private time outside. If they wish to communicate with their loved ones, they shall do." The Duchess said, feeling annoyed with her.

"Madame, with all due respect, not only would this help us to find if anomalies are happening inside our household, but it is also stated in the terms of agreement and policies when applying as a servant in our manor. To be transparent in line of work." She answered back.

She really is testing her patience and knowledge. Good thing she read such things in preparation for something else. Her good skills are not put to waste, which she is thankful for.

"Aren't you the Duchess? You're supposed to know that. Isn't that your work? To harmonize the internal duties, handling budgets and doing what you're supposed to be as the Duchess?" She said, smiling like a bitch in front of the Duchess who suddenly turned red because of her words.

'How about that?' Rachelle thought to herself while smirking, enjoying the woman's anger right in front of her. Ahh, it's so good seeing your enemy speechless and couldn't find the right word to fight back.

"Please... Let's all calm down. Please stop insulting my mom, Felicia. She's still shocked because of what happened. I ask you to refrain from using any harsh words and accusing everyone else." Helena commented, acting like a saint and painting her the villain once again.

"She should face the reality-"

"Stop." The Duke stopped Rachelle from further causing a mayhem early in the morning. He sighed, why can't they be friends with each other and form a family?

"No, I agree with what Felicia said, father." Alexander voices out after listening to their argument which took Felicia by surprise. She thought that he would remain quiet as ever, it looked like she really made him a puppet.

"The butler has been handling everything for quite some time now. Why don't we have the Duchess work since it's officially her duty to control the inside of the castle?" He even added, suggesting it towards the Duke.

The Butler's face went pale after hearing what the young master had recommended towards the Duke. They will simply remove his power in controlling the mansion! He can't let them do that! He'll be exposed to them!