66: THE SECOND PREMONITION

For the rest of the day, Rachelle was not herself. She was starting to get eaten by fear. She knew that the real sword was with her, but then again what could she do? The Pope is obviously out of Helena's league where she could just bully in a simple manner.

She could sense that the Pope was a powerful being. If she decides to offend him for the second time, he might as well target her, which will bring Rachelle's life to an end.

She heard that Helena was fetched by the priests, and probably went and stayed at the Holy Church. To think that the Pope would plan to create a fake scenario. Shit, the Holy Church's affluence is getting bigger.

There will come a day when Rachelle will fail in her task if this continues. She needs to master the use of swords now, or else it'll be the end of her—

"Felicia!" Someone knocked some senses in her that made her flinch. Was she overthinking too much? She looked outside and noticed that it was already nighttime. Her head then twisted back on Noctua, who had been calling her for the nth time.

"You're overworking yourself. Nothing will happen to you, I swear in the name of the Goddess." Noctua cheered. She's acting weird and distraught, clearly affected by what news has been delivered to her.

"But what if that Paladin is someone that will eventually kill me?" She asked. Noctua could see how much it affected her, her eyes showed how bad her state was. If he could, he wished he could help her.

"No... He can't kill you or lay his sword on you. I believe in you, you are strong so don't get too much thought in your head. You need to get your head together, Rachelle. Or all of your hard work won't become fruitful if you keep being like this." Noctua reminded her, trying to console and calm her because she was trembling.

Realizing his words, she took a deep breath, easing her system, breathing out. He's right, she shouldn't be thinking about things like this, it'll only cause her anxious and always on the edge.

She needs an immediate plan. But what?

"The paladin will just act as a knight around Helena. He will only draw his sword if the Saintess feels threatened. So when Helena starts to annoy you or scheme against you, you better pull out immediately." Noctua warned.

"How come you know something about a paladin?"

"Because it's what every paladin does whenever they are assigned to protect the Saintess. And since it is not an ordinary sword in the people's eyes, the more they will justify the Paladin's work. So you better be careful around Helena. She's something that is not going to be as easy from now on." Noctua added, giving her an odd feeling.

Which is similar to what she felt after knowing the Paladin's existence.

"You're right...the sword may be fake but the people's eyes will always be the death of us,"  Felicia muttered, letting out a stressed sigh. She laid out her body, staring at the ceiling.

Her mind was running amok with the possibilities of how it could affect the current story right now.  The course of this story has stirred away as she messed with it further, making her future unstable.

"Just relax and think of nothing else. Tomorrow is a big day. Oh and Tyren's days at the monastery are running over. I suggest that you at least learn the basics of how to wield a sword. Who knows she might send another assassin to harm you." Noctua said as he began to flap his wings, floating in the air.

"Sleep well, Felicia. You need to rest." The bird expressed as he began to fly back towards his nest, the corner which he hides every time. Meanwhile, Felicia just hummed, still lost in her thoughts.

Tomorrow could be a dangerous day. But whatever it is, she needs to face it or else she will have no idea how to defend herself against the three of them, and possibly, the whole country is turning against her.