117: TEA PARTY

"My Lady, you have been invited to a parlour party with the young Lady of Count Leopold." The new butler, barged in respectfully of her room. It's been almost a week since the disappearance of Helena as the Duke came back normally.

Or was he even normal?

"What is it, John?" She asked as she lifted up her head, looking in the direction of the man who stood up next to her door, proper and groomed. As expected of Alexander's selection, quite the loyal type towards him.

"You've received a letter addressing you. They also send a carriage for you to come there, hoping you'll join them. Or do you want me to send the carriage away?" John, the new butler of the manor asked her who remained silent as she pulled herself to sit on her bed, looking puzzled.

"Is it alright for me to go out though? The week still hasn't passed for me to go out?" She asked the butler. Isn't that a bad thing if she were to exit the house and look like they're not sulking over the death of the Duchess?

But she wasn't sulking or saddened with her death. More like she's even happy because of it, but rather... It's how people should behave when someone from the family dies. Not that she treats her like a damn family.

She didn't even treat her as family anyway.

"What nonsense is that? You can still go out but you have to wear black clothes. Don't let those noble fools dictate what you have to do." John answered, like he was containing a deep hatred of people.

That may be the reason why Helena hasn't turned him as her pawn. His hatred against the world is something else. Good thing he's kind to both of them, Alexander and her. He would have become a pain in the ass if he's not.

"I see... But I really don't want to move actually." She sighed, letting her body succumb to the soft mattress as she laid down, meeting John's annoyed expression because of her laziness.

"Madame, at times like this, you should be building your social network. Plus, it will be a great time to use this to your advantage knowing that the woman is still not in the house." John answered, sighing as he clapped his hands, summoning Olivia and another servant behind his back.

Felicia's eyes went wide upon realizing how prepared the butler was to make her move her ass. "What's with your hatred of my sister?" She asked as she was being pulled by the servants forcefully to submit to their service.

"I have no hate. I just generally hate the world. I hate everyone." John mumbled, making Felicia chuckle. She was being dragged everywhere, from the bathroom to her dressing room, until she was completely done at such speed that she found herself walking outside, heading towards the carriage with Count Leopold's insignia.

She was wearing a black dress, and a veil to create a character that she's still mourning with the death of her stepmother, to which she really isn't mourning. This is just for the public's eyes.

"Don't forget your gift." Olivia approached as Felicia boarded the carriage. Olivia then handed her a basket filled with women's necessities but what caught her the most was the box being wrapped with ribbon in which she looked at Olivia with her eyebrow raising.

"What's with the box?" She asked as Olivia replied with a shrug, didn't know what to say since she also didn't know the content of what was inside the box. It was the young Master who gave the box to include as a gift after John told him about the invitation.

"I see... Well then, take care." Felicia sighed as the door of the carriage finally closed, followed by the neigh of the horses and the rocking of the carriage, signifying that it was starting to move away from her house.