94: CONTEMPT AND GREED

Another day has passed by, and tomorrow is the awaited event for many. The engagement party will also serve as a matchmaking process where young ladies meet with young lords and tie each other for mutual or love purposes.

Everyone has been talking about the engagement party, the social circle has been very loud, and even the capital is very lively at the upcoming event. However, despite the engagement being the talk of the town, the capital is rather invested in the red-haired saviour who protected everyone from that vicious criminal.

It was circulating fast as common people spread the good words about the person in question. The only clue that everyone has is that the person has red hair, resembling a burning fire.

It reaches the nobles' ears however they assume that it is something that they shouldn't care about. What's so great with the person anyway?

"Viscountess Yulie Rajeh has requested to meet you, Mistress," Olivia announced as she entered the room. She saw Felicia at her study table, seemingly doing her assignments rather than going out of the manor to explore the garden and stay somewhere else.

She was hiding in her room, dealing with her academic distress rather than going out. It seems that she's really not that happy about this... Endeavour.

"Tell her to meet me here. Then prepare some refreshments for us." Felicia said without turning her head towards Olivia, her focus concentrated on the paper in front of her rather than what was behind her.

"I understand," Olivia replied and sighed, turning her back against Felicia while looking at Noctua who was sleeping during the sun's time to shine. Poor Mistress of hers, trapped in this golden cage.

As soon as the door closed, Felicia finally took a breath in and yawned. Yesterday when she arrived home, it was almost one morning. She was then woken up by Alexander at four, and continued her training, taking classes, without even any inch of sleep.

She could feel her head throbbing through her skull. It hurts so bad without getting any proper sleep. Yet it was still a pleasant memory though, she gets to hear everyone's positive praises towards her.

She heard the door open and thought that it was Olivia arriving once again. "Olivia? Can you break my arm so that I don't have to go to the palace tomorrow? I really don't want to join." She groaned, throwing a light tantrum while sitting on the chair facing her table.

With a chuckle, Yulie answered Felicia which shocked her to the core. "That can't be done, my Lady. I have already made your dress completed. I assure you, you look beautiful in it without disarming your arm." She issued, making Felicia turn her head towards Yulie's direction, in complete shock.

"It's been a while, my Lady. How have you been?" Yulie asked, smiling at her with a grin as she bowed her head in a sign of respect. Despite being a noble due to Felicia, Felicia is still a princess in terms of power and influence.

"Yulie! Oh my, look at you, so vibrant! Seems like you're slowly getting customers huh?" Felicia asked, couldn't contain the surprise as she stood from where she was and went in her direction, clasping both of Yulie's hands while grinning.

"You successfully managed to woo the nobility with your talent. I'm impressed." She added, showering her with praises. It seems that one of her plans has come with fruits to offer.

"Oh no, Milady. I was just really lucky that I attracted some of the nobles and mostly commoners, especially merchant daughters to my shop. My influence is still at stake. However, with you taking steps at the ball, I will surely gain more recognition." She replied, still couldn't wipe off the smile on her lips.

"Hm... So where is the dress?" She asked, curious as to what she had made for her to wear. Although she is still at the phase where she hates going and being partially tied to that bastard, with her showcasing Yulie's talent then she would earn more.