65: TYREN AND THE POPE

"You are not making any sense, Felicia." The Duke said, letting out a growl vibrating in his chest while looking at her earnestly or more like intently.

Felicia looked at the Duke, it was clear on his face that he wasn't having any of her excuses, as well as Alexander who frowned at her argument.

Seeing their eyes filled with bewilderment, her heart suddenly skipped a beat, thumping loudly inside her, like soldiers marching in a fast face. A cold sweat appeared on her forehead, frowning as they didn't grasp what she meant.

"What I meant was that I certainly met with the Baroness and her son, I gave them a bag full of my gift to show my appreciation to my Nanny. The bag could have been used as soon as they returned from home." Felicia said, changing the course of her story.

Shit, she's having a really hard time today that she's actually shaking in fear. "Plus isn't it suspicious that the Madame left me alone with his son, only to not come back later on after obtaining my gift? If you don't believe me, you can certainly ask people who were at that time." She explained further.

She clasped both of her hands together, hoping for everyone to understand and let her have her way of lying. She's currently finding herself troubled in this situation where normally she would've ended this already.

"Now that she said it, the Bag is from Sugary Sweets, a famous café for baked goods," Alexander muttered, unintentionally helping Felicia with his words.

For once and for all, Rachelle felt thankful towards Alexander for saving her ass there.

"Right? So why should I be blamed just because of a paper bag that I gifted to my Nanny?" She asked, her head tilting towards the Knight who was just looking at her, staring right into her eyes to see if she was lying or not.

"Because the Baron used it to testify that you are involved in this case, young Lady." The knight replied, still stubborn and not letting go of the fact that the Baron told them it was her.

"This is basically defamation against character. Your Grace, I am innocent. Right after the Duchess left, I left too with the Marquis Liam together. I'm going to sue him back for ruining my character." Rachelle firmly said towards the Knight, staring at him back and not backing down.

He may push the blame on her, but whatever it is, she's still charged with no links towards the murder case and the confiscation of counterfeit bills.

"Right, we will sue the Baron for harming the name of my daughter. It is impossible for her to commit such a crime." The Duke fought alongside her, remaining still and unfazed. How dare they try to ruin Felicia's image?

"I see. Well then, that's all we need to know. Thank you so much for participating, my Lady, the Duke and the young Lord." The knight replied, bowing his head as he ended the silence inside the room.

It is bad to make an enemy of the Duke, knowing they are just second in power with the current empire. It'll be bad to make them an enemy.

"Thank you for clearing my name. But I will continue to  charge the Baron another case for character assassination." Rachelle smiled, finally her heart stopped being preoccupied.

"You can also ask the customers yesterday about what happened. They were there first before I went inside." She added, waving her hand while smiling, covering her sweaty face with a smile.

Goddess, she was nearly caught right there. She eyed Olivia who's looking so pale as ever, took a deep breath and calmed down. She was panicking earlier when Rachelle almost let herself slip herself and cause harm.

"I don't understand why the Baron decided to bring your name in this case. You don't know him after all, so why would he claim that his crime is linked towards you?" The Duke asked, sitting back on his chair while sighing.