87: THE DUKE

Ever since Felicia revealed her identity towards Olivia and Alexander, it was a little awkward for the two of them as they did not know what to do or address her now.

They were always staring at her as if they didn't know what to talk about which is odd because they could've just continued how they acted with her every time. Now it felt like there was suddenly a distance but not that big though.

Maybe it'll pass soon, this awkwardness that they're showing.

That day when she confessed and the day when she had dreamt of herself dying, the premonition of dying didn't happen. There were no attackers, no suspicious men roaming around her balcony, and no surprise attacks.

Now, Felicia is confused. Aren't those dreams supposed to happen? Or what Noctua had theorized is actually correct? Whatever it was, she was going to focus first on her well-being rather than overthinking it once again.

"Olivia, come here for a second." Felicia gestured, asking for Olivia to come in her direction. It reminds her that Olivia didn't actually know her identity already. Why did she act shocked by then? As if it was her first time seeing her pull out her sword?

"Yes, Mistress?" She asked, walking towards Felicia's direction while wiping her hand. She still had the awkward look on her face, making Felicia's expression grow dull.

"I'm curious, isn't this the first time that you have already witnessed me pulling out the sword but at the same time revealing my identity to you?" She asked, trying to let her remember what happened before.

"Pardon me, Mistress, but what do you mean?" She asked, tilting her head to show that she really had no idea about what Felicia mentioned. Since when was she able to learn that her Mistress is a Saintess?

"What? You know, when you found out about Noctua. Didn't I tell you about my secret? That day when you discovered that I killed a man?" Felicia tried once again, only for Olivia's face to grow even more confused.

"I don't think that happened... It's my first time hearing you, my Lady." She replied. As Felicia stared into her, she could tell that Olivia was not joking or playing with her. It seemed that she really had no idea about what happened before.

"That's weird... If that didn't happen, then wouldn't you find it weird why Noctua is talking?" She asked, suspicious about her forgetting about that faithful day. It was her, the first woman who knew about this but right now, she looks dumbfounded.

"Mistress, I am not that ignorant when it comes to magic anymore. I witnessed being blessed and being used and healed by either Helena or the Pope. I just thought that it's weird for animals to talk but it's really that new to me. Just surprised as to why Noctua was able to speak and it must be because of the Pope's magic—is what I reasoned out when you didn't reveal anything." Olivia replied earnestly, sincerely and honestly.

Felicia on the other hand felt like something was wrong with it. Not by the fact that Olivia might be lying about it, but rather because of her ability to forget about that incident. She clearly remembered that she had killed someone but why did she forget that she used a sword and even revealed her identity to her?

"Why? Have you experienced other animals talking to you?" Felicia asked, decided to disregard everything. Maybe she had really forgotten about it.

"No? But I thought before that Noctua's situation back then must've been like the Pope saved him and used his magic on him then enabling him how to speak perfectly like a human." She said, showing how innocent she really is.

"I see... Maybe I was just dreaming back then." She mumbled and leaned on her sofa. "Any news from the Duke? I heard he hasn't gone out?" She asked Felicia as she lazed on the sofa.