107: SPEAKING UP

"What's taking you so long? You look moderately dressed. Quite sophisticated and elegant. Who gave you the dress?" Alexander asked as soon as he saw Felicia walking towards the entrance of the house.

"I was caught by the whims of the Empress, inviting me over for a tea party. With Helena, that is. However, nothing happens if that's what you want to know." Felicia answered as she then sighed.

"Oh, and the Emperor gave this to me. I do not know whatever reasons as to why he gave this, but I already said my thanks to him." She added, folding her arms as she then stared at Alexander who was fixated on everything she said.

"Did the Empress try to ever hurt you?" He asked, his eyes darkened at the thought of the Empress ever hurting her. The Empress, Tyren's family is quite close with Helena. Therefore, the Empress definitely tried to hurt—

"No, she didn't. Rest assured that nothing happened. I wouldn't put myself in a difficult position, can I?" She chuckled at him as he then just rolled his eyes upon her answer. Even if she were to say that, it's very clear that someone has caused her trouble and it's definitely the two of them, ganging up on her. If not them, then who? Given the circumstances yesterday, it's clear and it is none other than the two of them.

"You really should be looking behind your back-"

"Can I talk to you privately?" Felicia asked, cutting her off as she didn't want to hear him nagging about it. She understands where he's coming from but nothing really happened. "What do you want to talk about?" He asked, his ears perking up with excitement as if he was glad and excited that Felicia wanted to talk to him. She never associated herself first with him, like calling him first because it is always him who always approaches her.

"About someone." She said as she proceeded to walk past by, making him follow her with confusion and curiosity washing all his face. He was baffled over what she wanted to talk about as she sounded serious. Could it be that something had really happened and that she didn't want to talk it to her but rather in private?

Whatever it is, he really is curious about it.

As soon as they went inside her room, Olivia was nowhere to be seen. She must be working elsewhere. But she did spot Noctua sleeping on her own bed which made her lips form into a smile. Look at that, this bird missed her. 

"So? What do you need to know about this certain someone?" Alexander asked as he closed the door and sat on the chair in her little living room. "As much as I don't want the news relating to that Crown Prince, I feel like that's the someone you wanted to ask about. So go on, sis. Tell me what happened so that I can punch him in the face." He added, cracking his knuckles which made her grin at his silliness. 

"That may sound pleasing to me but dear brother, we can't do that to him. He is still a person from the royal family. As much as I wanted to support you doing that for me, I wouldn't let you suffer now, wouldn't I?" She answered him as she walked onto the opposite couch, facing Alexander and sat comfortably.

"Besides, he's not the person that I wanted to know about. I already know him as a scum... but actually... I found something odd about him." She mumbled, looking so distressed about what she had found out. After all, he was being controlled last night and she's having second thoughts about whether to tell him or not.

"Why? What happened?" He asked, curious about it.

"Actually... I really am not sure whether to tell you this or not-"

"For Goddess' sake, tell me because I'm your brother. Even if it's a top secret relating to the Duke, I basically don't care. So go on, tell me Felicia. Whether I have someone to kill or not." He cut her off, not wanting to make this conversation longer about her contemplating whether she would tell or not.