ten → you again?

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

one of evelyn's close friends from melbourne, feeling the need for a break, turned to the singer to care for her house and cherished cat, mochi. during the call, evelyn's friend remarked, "mochi won't cooperate for anyone else except you." there was a previous incident when another caretaker struggled to get the feline to eat properly, and was in a solemn state for a while after the owner returned.

evelyn embraced this opportunity with enthusiasm, aligning perfectly with the band's decision to take a break during the easter holidays. the prospect of returning to australia, where her concert engagements were relatively sparse, filled her with joy, even if the destination wasn't her hometown.

the flight, while uneventful, left evelyn with a bit of soreness in her neck and back. manoeuvring through the airport, she skillfully evaded the paparazzi, appreciating the short reprieve from their constant attention.

entering the taxi, evelyn provided her friend's address, settling into the familiar rhythm of driving on the left-hand side—a comforting reminder of her australian roots. upon reaching the house, she retraced the steps to retrieve the hidden spare key, adding it to her keychain for easy access.

as she opened the door, mochi, the white cat, greeted her with a mixture of curiosity and recognition. the feline conducted a brief inspection, sniffing around luggage and legs before offering a small meow. evelyn squatted down, extending a hand to pat him affectionately. "hey, little one," she cooed, running her fingers through his soft fur, "how have you been? looks like you're stuck with me for a little while."

the house felt like a welcome retreat, and the responsibility of looking after her friend's place and mochi offered evelyn a break from the fast-paced life on tour.

the feline companion expressed its contentment with a purr, gracefully swaying its tail before wandering off. evelyn reciprocated with a warm smile, then directed her attention to the hall table, where detailed instructions and a set of car keys awaited her. molly, the owner's friend, had generously offered her car to the singer, a gesture that evelyn appreciated.

ascending to the spare room, evelyn diligently organised her clothes in the wardrobe and arranged her toiletries in the bathroom. once her temporary abode was in order, she descended to the kitchen to assess the available food.

as anticipated, the culinary options were limited—mostly comprised of questionable canned goods and nearly expired bakery items tucked away in the freezer. evelyn sighed, closing the freezer with a sense of resignation. armed with her newly adorned keychain, she headed to the garage, reminding herself to take the right side of the car.

she needed to go to the local supermarket, woolies, which conveniently housed a chemist, bottle shop, café, and bakery, the girl found a parking spot with ease. despite the early hour, the hustle and bustle of the centre suggested that people had already commenced their workday, although lunchtime was still a distant thought.

ascending the escalator, evelyn entered the grocery store, her excitement evident as she anticipated indulging in items not readily available in the states. securing a small trolley, she stashed her keys in her pocket and navigated to the first section, stocked with fresh produce.

lacking specific meal plans, evelyn wandered the section, selecting modest quantities of her preferred items. sighing, she abandoned the pursuit of fruits and vegetables, redirecting her attention to the middle aisles, where she replenished her pantry with essential items designed to last a while.

"evelyn?" a voice behind her interrupted her thoughts. internally preparing for the expected fan interaction, she turned with a small smile, only to be pleasantly surprised by a familiar face.