Lost in the Dark (not a ship)

(Yoru is a older brother to killjoy)

Killjoy disappeared from the Protocol after the doxxing of the whole protocol. not even Brimstone, Viper even Raze knew where she went and had spent a few days looking for the young engineer, but noone couldn't find her.  they had to stop the search and switch to find out who was threatening to out their information to the public, though cypher didn't stop looking for the young engineer. 

when they finally got the Doxxer down and got her to finally join the protocol, Cypher managed to find where the engineer was hiding. he was quick to give the info to Brimstone, seeing as he was Killjoy's father. Brimstone was excited and quickly ran over the information. unfortunately he couldn't leave since Viper and Sage were both on a mission and he didn't want to leave the base without a leader.

so he mentally ran through the list of agents and called up Yoru. the Rifter and Killjoy were pretty close, despite the cocky exterior Yoru had so if anyone could bring killjoy back it would be him. after he arrived and was quickly debriefed with the situation, Yoru was quick to agree, wanting to know what happened to the engineer. before long he was on a plane heading to China, where cypher finally found the little engineer. 

the streets were packed, with so many different people enjoying the day, shopping, or enjoying the day. he stood out of the crowd with his blue hair and jacket as he scanned for any sign of Killjoy. the comms in his ear crackled to life, startling him out of his thoughts. "found anything yet?" brimstone said softly. Yoru shook his head though Brimstone couldn't see. 

"not yet.. its busy since its busy i cant get a good lo-" just as he said he saw a flash of a familiar yellow jacket and beanie. ignoring Brimstones questions he zeroed in on the familiar beanie and pushed through the crowds to follow. when the beanie turned into a store he lost sight of it, quickly following. when he entered the store he saw it was quite packed.  looking for any sign of the beanie again.

He caught sight of the beanie just as the doorbell rang, he was quick to follow behind and finally grabbed the sleeve of the jacket efficiently stopping the figure. "killjoy..? is that actually ya?" when the figure turned he saw how disgruntled killjoy had become within the few weeks it took. to track down  the doxxer. her jacket and beanie were both smudged and the dullest color, her hair was greasy and she was a little thinner, her eyes were a dull brown and her glasses were cracked slightly, her face was also covered in bruises and scraps. 

"damn.. what happened Killjoy. were you in a fight..?" Yoru said, hiding the worry with a sarcastic tone. she just shrugged lightly, and tugged her sleeve free. that wasn't like Killjoy at wall, if she could talk she would, so now Yoru was worried. studying the form of the engineer he let it show. "do you want to come back with me everyone's worried.." killjoy shook her head. "they all wouldn't want me back.." she said softly. your shook his head quickly. "everyone is worried KJ.. and besides Brimstone will probably kick my butt if i returned empty handed..." killjoy chuckled softly and nodded, knowing how protective her adoptive father was. 

yoru smiled softly, in a rare show of care, and brought the young engineer into a hug, one she practically melted into with a soft sigh. after abit killjoy let herself be brought back to the rendezvous spot, where a vulture was waiting to bring them back home. killjoy fell asleep on the way back knowing her family would be grateful to have her back.