Friends in the night (Neon and Killjoy)

It was nearly 12:00 and Noen had yet to fall asleep. It was her first day and she couldn't sleep despite her body telling her that she was tired. Groaning she decided to give up sleep and pushed off her bed and opened the door heading out. She knew some people where up during the night, one of them being a certain chemist, though Neon was terrified of the chemist so she stayed far away from that certain area.

Heading towards the kitchen to grab a dnack before she just headed to the common room to relax, she stopped when the light to the kitchen was on. Confused on who would be up at this time she moved to the doorway and saw a certain engineer, missing her signature jacket and beanie. Her shirt was rumpled and stained with sweat from either a nightmare or working in the workshops. Neon could hear the half quiet sniffles from the engineer confirming her worry of a nightmare, so she walked forward, letting her footsteps be heard so she wouldn't scare the engineer.

Killjoy froze hearing footsteps and turned to see the newest agent walking up. "Ah hallo Neon, how are you settling in?" Neon just smiled waving hello before responding. "It's alright, it's weird being in a new place." "Yea it can be.. a lot when you first join, is that what's got you up?" Neon nodded slightly opening the door to the fridge and grabbing a simple apple before turning to study the profile of the engineer. "Why are you up KJ?" Killjoy just chuckled and motioned to the cup of coffee she was making. "Another late night updating weapons and stuff." "Hm... mind if I join ya? Don't feel like being alone.." "not at all, so long as you don't destroy anything in my workshop, Raze already does that enough."

The quiet fondness in her voice had neon smiling. She could tell that Killjoy and Raze were together, even if they tried to keep it a secret, and it was her first day. Though the engineer was overly extrovert so it covered the fact that raze and her were always together. Once the cup of coffee was to Killjoys liking the two headed to kjs lab, talking softly to fill the silence. "She's not as scary as you think she is, she's sweet under that... scary exterior." Neon pulled a face getting a laugh out of Killjoy. "Nah I'd rather stay a good distance from her thank you very much." "Suit yourself kid, she's a good person to learn from though." When they reached the door Killjoy swiped her card and opened the door allowing Neon to go in first.

Neon studied the disaster of the workshop. There were parts everywhere, tools strewn everywhere with a tablet and computer shoved in the corner, killjoys turret, alarm-bot and Swarm-gerandes were sitting right beside her other gear the turret taken apart and strewn over the table. "Find an empty spot or you can take the bean bags, I might have Netflix or something on my tablet if you want to watch something." Neon chuckled and slowly made her way through the piles and flopped into a bean bag as Killjoy took a spot in the floor messing with her lockdown. Shoved in the corner was a cot with blankets that seemed half crumpled, showing it's been slept in recently. Neon watched killjoy work quietly, surprised with how fast the German worked, though the state she found killjoy in earlier weighed on her mind.

"Hey KJ?" A soft mumble was her response so she tried again a little louder. "kJ!" She felt bad as The engineers head shot up eyes wide in surprise. "So-sorry Neon, what's up?" "Are you okay..? I know you had a mission today.. brimstone said as I got here.. but I know you got back and immediately locked yourself in here.." killjoy had put down her tools her full attention on Neon as she stumbled and fumbled through her question. "Ah I'm fine kid, just to many stuff to work on.. don't worry abo-" "did you have a nightmare...?"

Silence followed Neons answer, both surprised at the outburst, though before she could take it back or say sorry Killjoy sighed. "Ye-yea.. but it's nothing to worry about okay?" Neon just nodded, embarrassed tat she just spoke out. Soon the quiet sounds of tinkering filled the air again, and before long she felt her eyes start to droop. Before she fully fell asleep though she felt someone lay a blanket over her, and neon looked up to see killjoy quietly going back to work. Neon smiled and curled up more underneath the blanket falling asleep to her new friend tinkering away.

Safe to say that if either of them had trouble sleeping they would find some company in each other.