Death do us part (Killjoy/Raze)

I had this one in my head for awhile.. I am sorry for the pain)

The rain and thunder kept everyone indoors, and made the day feel more somber. Everyone was huddled in the common room, there was faint jokes and stories going around as they went over their days with a certain bubbly agent.

Raze was in the corner of the room, going through the events that lead the engineer meeting her demise. Her eyes were puffy and red, tear tracks evident on her face. Neon and Jett stayed beside their friend, making sure they knew that they were there to help, while brimstone and Viper were with Sage and Renya.

-few hours earlier-
"Omega Jet and Reyna are on site B. Ach turret down" killjoy's voice ring through their earpieces, as Raze started backing up. "I'm on my way KJ, think you can hold for abit? I'm on my way" a groan of pain sounded, freaking Raze out little before the German finally responded. "I can try... but try to hurry.." the pain in the Germans voice had Raze speeding towards the B site, though being careful to not alert anyone of the omega agents.

"Sage we may need medical help.." Raze whispered into the comms as she reached the walkways of B site. "Okay, try to make it back to the drop point.." sages response was instant, hating the fact that any of her team was injured. As Raze got closer the sounds of gunshots got louder until it went quiet. Now worried, raze peeked around the corner to find omega Jet and Renya, who had the spike, walking around the corner.

Renya had the spike in hand and as Jet spilt off to clear the area started crouching to plant. "I need backup, omega Reyna planting spike.." the sounds of Reyna confirming that she's on route had Raze calming for a second. When she could hear gunshots again, and the sounds of Remus taunting, raze turned the corner to hear the sounds of the spike being planted, the beeps loud but slow. She shot down Jett quickly with Reyna's help and had started moving towards where omega Reyna had planted spike, when gunshots narrowly avoided her head and she was forced to back up as the omega Phoenix and Neon showed up. Phoenix had shot another fireball at reyna forcing her to back up as neon started shooting where raze was. "Killjoy! Killjoy do you copy?! Need you to get out of there. Killjoy?" Raze said quickly, gripping her Vandal close. There was nothing but static on Killjoys end, and that was worrying Raze. As the beeps speed up, the Alpha agents nowhere near close enough to defuse without getting shot, sage finally called a retreat.

"I can't leave Killjoy there!" Raze said through the mics, though had regrouped with reyna. "I'm sorry raze, but we can come back to get her when it's safe." "But.." "raze that's an order, come back now please, I won't lose an agent." Sages commanding voice finally broke through Raze, and with a heavy heart and a quiet whisper she followed Reyna to the drop ship, getting there and flying off just in time for the Spike to detonate. After a few terse minutes they watched as the buildings crumbled and fell, Raze's hope diminishing at every building that fell.

When the rumbling had finally stopped Sage slowly landed in an open space, the door immediately opening and Raze running out calling the Enginners name. She heard Reyna, Jett and Sage doing the same as their voices carried over the rumble. Raze was starting to lose hope, not seeing the familiar green beanie, nor yellow jacket that her girlfriend always wore. Finally Jetts voice rang through the comms, voice instead and utterly wrecked as she spoke.

"I found her! Raze it's ba-bad..." "where are you?" Raze immediately demanded, already turning and running to where she last saw the white haired duelist. "A site.. you'll see us.." with that raze ran faster, hearing the steps of reyna and the healer get closer as they ran towards the door as well. They reached the pair a few minutes before Raze did, and the gasps that both gave did little to ease Razes concern and when she reached them, she gasped as tears started to form. Reyna and Jett were quick to bring Raze away from the body, but it was already ingrained into her brain.

Half the engineer was under rubble though the puddle of blood left little to the imagination on how her lower body was, her head was bleeding sluggishly. The beanie a few inches away and soaked in blood, and her usual yellow jacket was covered in blood as well. Her skin was pale, though bruises and scratches showed clearly. Her eyes were closed almost like she was sleeping. "Your duty is not over!" Sage said softly as she tried to revive the engineer, and they all watched with bated breath as nothing changed. Sage tried one more time, eyes scrunched in concern and sadness, as Raze screamed out reaching for the engineer.

Jett kept a strong hold on the bombs expert as she collapsed against the wind radiant, crying heavily on her shoulder, and letting a few of her own free. Reyna walked up behind sage and wrapped the healer in a hug as she cried, reyna pointedly avoiding the body of the engineer, sadness pulling at her but staying strong. The only sounds where the wind and the three other agents crying, and before long Jett started to slowly herd the two devastated agents back to the vulture, as Reyna grabbed the engineers body and her beanie, letting a few tears go at the limp form.

When they got back to the protocol almost all the agents were at the hanger, no jokes or chuckles from anyone as the three agents slowly exited the vulture. Brimstone was the first one to approach raze, gently hiding the bombs expert into a hug, which she slumped into with a soft whimper. Everyone patted as Reyna walked past with the engineer, some sniffles from agents as they passed let her know how much the engineer was appreciated and loved through the protocol.

They had planned a funeral for a few days after, and when they put her into the ground, there was no dry eye anywhere. As the thunder rumbling got closer they put the lad of the dirt over the coffin, with the gravestone standing proudly at the head, and slowly trickled inside.

Raze sniffled softly and leaned further against the wind radiant, trying to not cry anymore as she listened to the stories going around, knowing that her girlfriend was very much loved and appreciated in the protocol.