𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

May 1st, 2023, The OBX.

It's currently 6am, the alarm goes off. "IM GOING BACK TODAY"

Ava Blanchard is finally going back to her aunt Megan Blanchard's house up at the Outer banks for the rest of the summer. This has been an ongoing tradition for her for at least the past four years, finally to get away from her horrible mother is what she has been waiting all year for and how the day is finally here. She quickly jumps out of bed and gets dressed and does her makeup. She starts playing her playlist and the first song that came on, 'Let Me Love You' by Justin Bieber and DJ Snake. All her memories from last summer play back in her head when she hears this as this is what her and the pouges always listened to while they were driving around on the boat having fun and drinking. This makes her even more excited for this summer knowing that it could all replay again, just like last year, well mabye not everything.

"Ava get your ass down here now!" Her mother, Lily Blanchard shouts up to her from downstairs. Ava quickly sits up and rushes downstairs. "Yes mom?", "I need you to clean the house today, alright?" Ava gives her a confused glare, "Mom, im going to Megans today, remember?" Her mother gives her a cold look "You know i dont like you going there, your better off to stay here this summer." Ava's heart sank, this is what she has been waiting for all summer. She has a calendar under her bed marking off the days until she returns. "Ive been going there for four years now mom im going to get again i dont care what you say." "Go to your room Ava" she stares at her, you can tell she is getting angry now. Ava knows how quickly this can get violent so she reluctantly storms off to her room and sobs.

Measages between Ava and her aunt.

A: Hey Megan, my mom said I'm not allowed to come with you this summer to the obx, im really sorry i really wanted to go.

M: Ah ave, dont worry about your mum im gonna come out for you it will be okay just be ready when i get here okay?

A: Omg thank you so much Meg!!!!

M: Of course hun, now get ready ill be there in 10.

Ava is now back to being over the moon, she quickly packs her bags and gets her shoes on. She sees her aunts car outside and she dashes out of her room and passes her mum, "Hey where do you think your going!" she shouts at her. "Sorry mom, im not staying here im going with Megan and i dont care what you say anymore!" Ava says while running past her. Her mum tries to grab her wrist as she passes but she slips always and sprints out the door and jumps into her aunts car. "Hey hun" her aunt say as she hugs her. "Hi Meg thank you so much for coming, but can you please drive before my mom comes out!" and she quickly drives away into the distance.

Megan puts on the radio and they both start bopping to the summer songs they have on with the feeling this would be the best summer yet.