𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

Ava is at the beach-house, in her room, staring into her mirror having second thoughts about this party. What if Rafes gonna try something? She brushes it off like she is now brushing out her freshly straightened hair, it was so soft and silky, nothing like her mothers ratty nest she calls hair. She has on a stunning green casual dress on and some white flats. Once she is ready she quickly runs downstairs where she bumps into her aunt. "Well hello dear, ah you look gorgeous, where are you going?" "Thank you Meg, look im actually so sorry about our movie night but I told my friends i was going to go to a party with them tonight, but if you want me to stay here i will." Ava says looking down at the ground "Oh stop it hun, go out there be a teenager, dont worry about me I like my 'me' time its okay hun, now go have fun Ill see you tonight okay?" Ava nods her head "Thanks Meg youre the best!" as she sprints out the door and starting walking across to the Camerons house.

She texts their group chat, "Hey guys im here where are you all?" Shit. No connection. She thinks to herself, its fine there here somewhere. Ava then walks through the crowds of drunk frat boys, shes a bit nervous but continues to look for her friends. When all of a sudden she feels a tap on her shoulder, It's Cleo "Hey girl, we've been looking for you!" she shouts over all the blasting music. All of Ava's nervousness quickly goes away as Cleo grabs her hand and guides her through the crowds to go meet her friends. They then get to all the friend group. "Ave youre just in time were about to do shots, you in?" Kiara asks "Sure why not!" All seven of them pick up a glass and down the drink. "Ohhh that was good" Says Pope obviously not used to getting drinks that strong before. This makes everyone laugh. "Ill go get us more be right back guys" Ava says as she walks away towards the drink table She hears JJ behind her asking her if she wants him to go with her but she says its fine and continues to the drink stand.

As she reaches the stand she feels another hand touching her shoulder, shes guessing this is most likely JJ who still decided to follow her after she said she was fine. She turns around ,"Hey jay-" She was interrupted mid sentence, It was Rafe, he was looking at her with a stern stare. "Look Ava i think we need to talk" Ava's heart sank. She starts to walk backwards slowly when he grabs her wrist. "Ava we can't keep being this way around eachother we need to talk."
Ava slaps his hand away from her, "How can you act so normal after what you did?" This makes him uncomfortable, he looks down to the ground "Ava please." He says slowly, clearly agitated. "Or what," She says, starting to get a bit more brave. "I'm not going to be shut out by you any more Ava now come on." He try's to grab her wrist again, she slaps it away again even more aggressive this time. "Or what Rafe!" she shouts, everyone's heads start to turn around. "What are you gonna do, pull a gun on me again?" she continues to shout.

Rafes face drops. Everyone is shocked, only the pouges knew what happened that night, everyone looks at Rafe. He stares at Ava intensely, having enough anger to kill her right here right now but instead he holds back, smashing his glass onto the ground and storms off onto his motorcycle. Ava looks around shaking, was it really necessary to say that? Guilt comes rushing through her but she try's to remind herself that he has done way worse and people deserve to know.

All the pouges run up to her. "Ave what happened we couldn't find you!" sarah shouted while hugging her. "Rafe tried to grab me so i shouted at him and let everyone know what he did last summer" They all stood there in silence. "He tried to grab you?" John B asked, clearly pissed off. Ava nods. Pope puts his arm around Ava's shoulder "Come on we should probably be going back anyways" They all agree and start walking back but JJ stays standing, "Fuck no" Everyone looks back confused, "Your all undereacting about this, he fucking put his hands on her" "JJ its fine, i sorted it" Ava says walking up to him. "If he ever comes near you again you know you have to text me okay?" he says, cooling down. "Of course i will JJ" They then hug and walk back home.

"Meg im home!" She shouts as she walks in, no response.
"Meg?"