𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

They arrive in this eery hall, "where is he rafe?" Ava asks, kinda sketched out. "I seen him walk in here, if you hadn't wasted my time making me talk to your stupid pogue friend, we would probably be with him right now and have found out where your aunt is." he snaps at her. "Don't talk about Jj like that, and i'm sorry that my friends care about me and call me." Rafe scoffs and looks back. "I'm gonna keep looking alright?" he says. "okay" Ava says and they both walk out of the room and as they are about to separate again, a random woman, probably in her sixty's, walks up to them "Ah you must be Rafe, Your father talks about you a lot young man." Rafe slightly smiles and trys to slide away from the situation when she starts speaking again, "And who's this with you here, she's beautiful." Rafe looks over at Ava, "Uh shes my girlfriend." Ava's face drops and she quickly turns to look at him. "Your'e a lucky man Rafe, tell your father i said hi." she says as she walks away. More silence and awkwardness enetred the room, "Girlfriend?" Ava says, still in shock he had said that. "I'm sorry it just came out, I mean what would she say if i said you were my sisters friend who I brought to find my dad to track down her aunt?" Ava sighs "You could've just said I'm your friend?" Rafe rubs his neck "Sorry I wasn't thinking." Ava smirks, "It's okay, a lot of people want to say that about me." she mocks. "Oh really?" he says smirking back at her. "Mhm, now come on we still gotta look" Rafe nods and they continue searching for Ward.

After an hour of searching, they still have no clue where he is, or even Rose at that matter. "Look maybe we should just head back, he's probably gonna go home at some point." Ava sighs and nods. "I'll call an Uber" Rafe says. The uber finally arrives and they travel another hour to get back to the vacation house. This time the journey home wasn't as awkward, they talked a bit which was better than complete silence. They finally make it back and they are both wrecked but Ava says "I think we should stay up while we wait for you dad to get back" Rafe agrees and they sit onto the couch, "You got beers?" Ava asks, Rafe sits up and walks to the kitchen and walk back out with six cans. Ava sits up, "I could use one of these right now" Rafe smirks at her and they both open the cans and drink, one leads to another and before they know it they were both after gotten a bit drunk, which relaxed the tension. "Ave can i be honest with you?" He used her nickname? "Yeah sure."

"I never forgave myself for what I did to you, or Sarah" Ava looks down, "I'm glad you know what you did" "No but really, i have no excuse for why i did that, i was just really coked out and had gotten into a fight with my dad before it, i was in a really bad headspace, and again thats not an excuse but i'm becoming better now," He smirks, "You know i quit drugs?" "I might be really drunk right now, but I think I've made you suffer enough." Ava smiles. Rafe holds out his hand for a handshake. "I'm still sorry" Ava shakes his hand "We're good Cameron."

It's now four am, Wards still not here. "Do you think my aunts okay?" Rafe smirks "I know that woman, and I know she's a fighter, she's gonna be okay" Ava smiles at him, "I hope so." "Your so bummed out, I know what can cheer you up." He walks over to the 'Alexa'. "Hey Alexa, play 'Enjoy the silence" by Anberlin He smiles at her, this was the song they danced to at the first party they went to as friends, it was the better versoin if it though, the one that was used in The Vampire Diaries, one of Avas favorite songs. But weren't they like enemies an hour ago? What's happening? Is this just because he's really drunk or does he actually want to be good with Ava again? He bops to the intro, and starts playing the air guitar at the starting beatdrop, Ava starts laughing at him. He puts his hand out, inviting her to dance. She giggles and stands up, she stumbles a bit because of how drunk she is but makes it over to him and grabs his hand and they start jumping around. He's being strangley nice to her, twirling her around and picking her up, like their at a party themselves. The songs ends and another one plays, 'Wicked game' Another one of Ava's favourites. "This isn't really a dancing song let me change it," he says walking over to the Alexa. "No, I love this song" Ava says bopping along to it. Rafe smirks "Alright I can get into this," He walks back over to her also bopping to the song "This is more a slow song, so?" He holds his hand out to her once again, she accepts and he pulls her into a slow dance position.

This caught her off guard but she didn't mind. For once she felt comfortable around him, she felt safe. Isn't that a weird thing to say about someone who held a gun to you before? Around halfway through the song he looks down at her, "I just want to say you looked nice tonight," She blushes "Wow your so obbsessed with me" He scoffs and laughs. She looks back up. "You looked good to i guess, reds your colour," She says referring to his tie. "really?" he laughs. Ava nods while smiling. They both look at eachother, Ava grabs his tie. "Have you ever even worn a tie before?" She laughs, Rafe stares at her in awe, and in all of a sudden he leans in to kiss her.