𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

A week has now past, no one has heard from Ava since they returned to the OBX, not even Sarah has seen her. Rafe had been staying at Barry's ever since he was kicked out by Rose, he doesn't like staying with him since his house reeked with drugs and alcohol when he was trying to stay clean but it was getting hard to resist. All the pogues had stayed quiet after seeing Megan, they were all fucked up after seeing her. They had finally told Wheezie about Ward and obviously she did not take it lightly but she didnt even get to met the other side of her father, she was mad at Rafe for lying to her, saying he was still alive when he knew he wasnt.

But it was now the funeral for Ward, they had covered up his death by saying he shot himself, it was in his will. He had written one before his death as he knew it would come to him at one stage and he wanted his family to live a normal life when he was gone. The pogues all showed up to the funeral to be there for Sarah who still couldn't accept he was really gone for real this time. The pogues walked into the chapel and sat behind Sarah who was in the front row sobbing along with her family. After everyone had been seated, the doors to the chapel open, Ava walks in and quickly scurry's to her seat, her head pointed to her feet. Everyone was surprised to see her since they haven't even heard from her in a week, Rafe looked back and stared at her, he had been texting her all week, apologies, apologies and apologies. But she didnt respond, she had pretty much ghosted everyone.

As she sits down beside John B all the pogues look to her but she keeps her head straight looking to the casket. Even after all Ward had done to her, she was heartbroken especially after hearing him and Rafe before he passed. After all he was just trying to look after his family, even though he didn't know how to do it right, his morals were straight.

The ceremony starts and silence fills the chapel, once the preist is finished talking he invites the Camerons to give a speech. Rose stands up and speaks first. "My husband was a loyal man, he always put others before himself and that is something i have always loved about him, I cant even describe how much I and all our family will miss him, our house will forever feel empty without him." Tears stream down her eyes, Ava looks towards her, seeing Wheezie infront of her, sobbing uncontrollably, she taps her on the shoulder and invites her to sit beside her since the rest of her family was up at the alter, Wheezie moves in beside her and rests her head on her shoulder and cry's, Ava has always been good with kids and has always wanted a little sister for herself, ever since she met Sarah, Wheezie has been that for her.

Sarah steps up next, she wipes her eyes and starts talking. "I honestly dont know where to begin, I am really just overcome with guilt as im not proud of my last moments i interacted with my father," she starts crying more. "Id do anything to take it all back no matter what he has done he is still my father." She cant hold it in anymore and breaks down and hugs Rose, who was also crying. Lastly Rafe stood up, he looked numb, he held up his speech and starts talking, "Um, my father, ah, he was a very proactive person, he had it on himself to resolve all our problems no matter what it meant would happen to him, our us. But no matter what he has done, no matter how much i wish he didnt do what he did, i will always respect him for it." Tears well in his eyes and him Sarah and Rose walk back to their seats.

After the ceremony ends, the pogues and Ava stay around after for the rest of the day, they weren't able to talk to Sarah for a good hour beacuase of all her relatives and family friends hugging her and asking her if she was okay, same with Rafe. But after everyone calmed down Sarah walked over to them, with a small smile on her face, "Hey guys" everyone runs up to her and hugs her and comforts her, they all decide to go up to her room to get a break from all the guests. Their all sitting on her bed or on the floor, talking and eating the food they snuck up. "I'm gonna go toilet one sec guys" Ava says sitting up and walking out, as shes walking to the bathroom she feels a hand on her shoulder, its Rafe. "Oh hi Rafe." "What the fuck Ave, youve been ghosting me all week." she stares at him for a few seconds before speaking again, "Im sorry Rafe Ive just had so much happen to me in the past week, i need some time to take everything in, you dont even know how hard it is to walk into my house without feeling the guilt of what happend to her," Rafe holds her hands, "I know, I know, but this isnt your fault, its my dads, and its Singhs fault. You shouldnt feel guilty for something you have no control over." Her face goes emotionless. "Your right, it was Singhs fault." "Also I didnt know when to bring this up with you, but i think we should talk about what happend with us at the vacation house, you know the kiss?" She looks away from him. "Can we talk about that another time Rafe, i need to do something" "Yeah, yeah of course." He says letting go of her hands as she walks off.

She pulls out the Camerons card she had in her phonecase from when Ward gave it to her and calls it. "This is Camerons, how may i help you." "I need a flight to Africa right now."