𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

The Uber back to the vacation house was long and extremely silent. They were all trying to process what they had all witnessed. Ava had spent the whole car ride holding back her tears that she wanted to let out so much, she wanted to know the truth and here it is, tearing her apart. She wanted to know so bad she hadn't even considered what trauma could come with finding out.

They finally arrive at the vacation house, "I need to go get some of my stuff i left in the house." Ava tells everyone and walks inside. When she walks in she starts crying, she's traumatised by what she seen. She can't get the image of Megan cold on the floor out of her head. But she continues to go upstairs to grab a bag she had forgotten when she was last there with Rafe.

While she was about to walk upstairs a masked figure jumps out behind the wall and grabs her. Ava is so shocked. She tries to fight them off, but they drug her and she's knocked out in a matter of seconds. It all happened so quick.

She wakes up laying on the floor, in a cold room, no wallpaper, no floors, just concrete and pipes. She takes a moment to process what had just happened and try's to stand up but stumbles back down, she was still a bit drousy from the drugs she was given. She looks up and sees two blurry figures above her. As she gains back her focus she begins to recognise these individuals, Rafe and Ward. She's stunned, what are they doing here? she thinks to herself. She looks up at Rafe with confusion in her eyes, they make eye contact but he immediately pulls away, getting a gush of guilt over him. "What's going on?" She asks. "You went to Singh about your aunt yeah?" Ward asks. She nods with a confused face. "Your the one who let me come here on you plane, i don't understand what's happening." Ward looks around. "Yeah, I only realised a few hours ago how much of a stupid idea it was." Ava looks to Rafe who's looking at the ground, trying to cancel himself out of this situation.

"Ward please, nothings gonna happen" Ava tries to reassure him. "No, no Ava your wrong, you see you had just let him know that you know he took her. Now Singh is a very confidential man, me and him had arranged that, privately. So he most likely connected the dots and figured I told you." Ava's eyes water as she starts to guess what's going to happen. "So what, it's already happened. Why are you doing this now." "Oh I know that, but see, my plan here is to, kill you. And to just tell him that you had followed me to the banquet, i mean really, that's really what you did right?" A tear rolls down her cheek. "I can just tell him that's what happend, please Ward." She begs him. Rafe stares at her, holding back tears. He hates seeing her upset. "Oh Ava, I know what you pouges are like, you'll rat me out whenever you get the chance," He looks to Rafe and nods. Ava, who's now sobbing looks to him. Rafe takes a deep breath and slowly holds up a revolver.

Ava goes pale. She had gotten flashbacks to last summer, it's all happening again, but this time she's doubting if she could get away as easy. She pulls herself together and slowly stands up with her hands in the air. She slowly walks over to Rafe, A tear sheds down his face. He really didn't want to do this, but he was being blackmailed by his father. Ava slowly lowers her hands and stares at Rafe.

She then mimics a gun with her hand and slowly holds it up to him, like she was holding a gun to him aswell. Rafe and his father have confused looks on their faces. "Rafe, I know why your doing this, but it doesn't have to end this way I swear. Your in control of how this situation goes right now, so you have to make a decision you won't regret." He tries hard to not break down, "There's no choice here that I won't regret." "Look at this 'gun' in my hand, it may not be real physically. But mentally? Look Rafe, if you shoot me with that gun, this gun will hit you like yours hit me. You wont bleed, but you'll feel deaf. You'll never want to smile, or laugh or love. Isint that pain going to be worse than an actual gun shot. It sticks with you Rafe." She says, voice cracking, trying to hold back tears. He starts to breath heavily, the stress is taking over him. "Rafe what are you doing! Shoot her now!" His father shouts at him, he looks to his father, tears in his eyes.

He starts to freak out, his mind is spinning, choosing between love or his own family. He starts shaking uncontrollably, when he finally breaks and shoots the gun aggressively due to the build up of his stress.