two

maya & billie have been facetiming non-stop ever since exchanging numbers.

they really enjoyed each others companies.

"i gotta go, my family's going grocery shopping" billie said. "okay talk to you later" *facetime ended*

"who was that?" finneas asked. "just a friend" finneas looked confused, but didn't push it.

"so what kind of food do you want for you and kobe's picnic" billie's mother, maggie, asked.

"he likes fruits so definitely those" billie answered.

billie planned a surprise picnic for kobe's birthday.

"no mom not strawberries, he hates those!" billie yelled frustratingly.

"okay honey i'm sorry"

billie sighed. "i'm sorry i just need this to be perfect, he means so much to me"

"i know sweetie" maggie said reassuringly. finneas rolled his eyes.

"what?" billie asked.

"i just don't see why you're planning so much for a boy who treats you like crap" finneas answered honestly.

"he's not all that bad. he has a good side"

"yea? and did he tell you that?" finneas scoffed.

"OK OK ENOUGH" maggie yelled. they got a few stares from other shoppers.

"can we just finish this up and go home. i hav to start cooking before work" maggie said.

they agreed.

as soon as billie got home, she started planning some more of kobe's surprise. billie called zoe & danielle to practice since they were the only ones who knew about it.

"ok so im gonna tell him to just meet me at the hill because i wanted to talk about something important in person" billie started excitedly.

"bitch he's gonna think you're pregnant" zoe said.

danielle agreed.

"ok what do i tell him"

"say you're getting jumped at the hill and need help" zoe answered.

billie and danielle laughed. zoe frowned

"idk i'll think of something"

"okay tell us about the food" danielle said.

"i have his favorite fruits and sandwiches and shit. it's a lot honestly" billie answered.

"damn you really love him" danielle said.

billie smiled. "yea, i do"

when it was time for the picnic billie drove to the hill. "cater 2 u" by destiny's child was playing.

"let me cater to you, cause baby this is your day. do anything for my man baby you blow me away" billie sang along.

she reached the hill and started pulling items out of her trunk.

it was a blue sheet with white polka dots, a basket full of food, a stereo, scrabble, and a big box with his gift.

billie set it all up nice and neatly, checking it 5 times before texting kobe. she initially went with her idea since neither zoe nor danielle came up with better ones on the call.

she sent the text before sitting down on the sheet. she admired the nature.

nature calmed her down. if everyone in the world let her down, nature wouldn't.

5 minutes later kobe texted back.

"ok omw"

billie smiled but at the same time got nervous.

she ended up rearranging everything, her look and the picnics look, 10 times, before being halfway satisfied.

10 minutes had passed and she started to worry because the hill wasn't far from kobe.

maybe it's traffic she thought.

15 minutes

30 minutes

an hour.

the entire time billie looked back and forth from nature to her phone.

*ding*

billie quickly picked up her phone.

it was from kobe.

"srry baby . can't make it. wtv it is just tell me tmrw at school k ? love u"