twenty three

spring break had arrived and the friend group were at zoe's house.

"so jah is throwing a party, we're going right?" ricky asked. everyone agreed.

"why does he throw parties for everything?" maya joked. "cause that's his income after dropping out of school." ricky answered.

the whole group laughed.

ari's stomach rumbled. "oof, sorry guys" she said. "i agree with your stomach a bitch is starving" zoe said.

"let's hit mariachiles i never got to try that place" denzel said. "yes i'm a sucker for mexican food" ricky agreed.

maya looked down awkwardly. billie noticed. "uhh how about somewhere else" billie said.

"uhh why" ricky asked. billie looked at maya awkwardly.

"my ex is in town" maya said shooting her head up.

the group gasped. "elaborate" ricky said.

"my cousin ali who owns mariachiles invited her to this cookout and now she's somehow staying here with him too so there's a chance i might run into her which i don't want so can we please pick somewhere else" maya answered.

everyone but ricky looked sympathetically at her.

ricky scoffed. "so she comes to your town, invading your space, but you have to stay inside?"

"ricky don't" ari said.

"no no no honey, we're going to that restaurant and if she tries something we jump her" ricky said getting up.

maya laughed, then the rest of the group laughed.

"you're right ricky let's get you that mexican food" maya said getting up also.

maya helped billie up and smiled at her. "there's only one girl for me and she's right here"

billie smiled while the group "awwed"

they headed to the restaurant. "oh shit" denzel said analyzing the restaurant.

"is your family in the mafia?" ricky asked. "that's what i said!" zoe exclaimed. maya and billie exchanged looks and laughed.

"hello ms. st germain, how many will be seated today?" the lady at the front desk asked.

"six please" maya said. the lady led them to a booth. "here you guys go" the lady said handing them menus.

"a waitress will attend you momentarily" the lady said. "thank you" they all said.

"shit" ricky said looking at all the options. "i told you" zoe said.

"so are you singing up there or what?" denzel asked maya. maya scoffed. "no not today" maya answered.

"come on, we never got to hear you sing" ari complained. "and whose fault is that" maya joked. they laughed.

they all ordered their food. "mmmm" ricky moaned. "is is really that good" billie asked. "girl you don't even know" ricky answered.

"excuse me everybody may i have your attention" ali said on stage. the group turned around to see.

"now my loyal customers know that my cousin maya is a very talented girl" ali said. the restaurant clapped in agreement while maya smiled slightly.

"but uh she's not the only talented person i know. that's right her friend is just as talented" ali said.

maya furrowed her eyebrows. there wasn't anyone at the booth who was a singer.

and there was no florida friend she had that was a singer.

there was an ex friend tho.

an ex girlfriend.

"give it up for mayas and my friend, emily"