seventeen

zoe looked back at billie.

billie's face lit up.

maya walked in the door with a gift bag. "hey fam" she said.

everyone smiled. "hey maya" everyone said back.

maya smiled at billie. "hey eilish"

billie was already smiling. "hey maya" she said while getting up to hug her.

"happy valentine's day my love" maya said handing billie the gift bag.

billie pursed her lips to the side. "maya, i feel bad i didn't get you anything"

maya laughed. "it's okay eilish"

billie smiled and hugged her. "thank you"

"come on open it" maya said.

billie let out an "ok" and set the bag on the table to get her gift(s) from inside.

her first gift was a teddy bear with a wig on it that was mayas hair color. it also had on an exact replica of mayas fit when her and billie first met.

billie's mouth was agape. "this is the outfit when we first met" maya nodded her head and smirked.

there was a heart that said "press me" on it. billie looked confused but pressed it.

"i love you eilish" the teddy bear said.

billie pursed her lips forward with puppy eyes looking at maya. "this is so sweet"

maya admired billie.

billie turned around to open the second gift in the bag.  it was a thin box.

billie shook the box to catch a hint of what it might be.

she furrowed her eyebrows. "maya what is this?"

"open it" maya said smiling.

she opened to see a ticket.

billie's eyes widened and her mouth went agape.

"what is it?" maggie asked.

"A TICKET TO SABRINA CLAUDIOS SHOW TONIGHT" billie screamed.

the rest were just as shocked as billie while maya laughed.

"how long have you had these?" billie asked.

"since a day after you tried to get a ticket" maya said looking around awkwardly.

billie gasped and playfully punched maya in the chest. "you sat and watched me hyperventilate over not getting a ticket and you had one since then"

"it was a surprise" maya said.

billie smiled.

"so, will you be my date?" maya asked.

"to the show?" billie asked back.

"mhm"

"i thought you were going to florida to see friends"

maya looked around sneakily. "i kind of lied"

billie furrowed her eyebrows.

"they're coming to la" maya said. billie nodded in realization.

"so, will you?" maya asked again.

"yes" billie said smiling.

maya smiled and hugged her.

maya looked at her phone. "hate to cut this short but my friend texted me she's at the airport and i have to pick her up"

"oh okay that's fine, let me walk you to your car then" billie said. "of course" maya smiled. "bye fam" maya said.

"bye" they all said.

billie put her arm in between mayas elbow while resting her head on mayas shoulder and walked her out.

zoe closed the door behind them and turned around with her eyebrows raised.

"so they definitely like each other right?" zoe asked while sitting down.

"definitely" maggie said.

"of course, billie's just so fucking scared of being hurt again she won't let herself feel" finneas said.

"mhm, and maya knows it that's why she's hesitating" maggie said.

"i feel bad. mayas a sweet girl and would never intentionally hurt billie" zoe said.

"yeah she's just filled to the brink with fear of failure" finneas said.

billie walked back in the house and everyone acted normally.

billie still had a smile on her face.

"so that was nice" zoe said smiling. "yeah" billie laughed.

finneas squinted. "i'm sorry i just can not take this anymore"

everyone but billie looked at him knowing whatever he was about to say was gonna fuck up the peace.

"do you have feelings for maya"

billie looked up at finneas. "i don i" she stuttered.

"well?" finneas demanded an answer.

billie laughed awkwardly. "why does it matter? i'm not even ready for a relationship."

finneas chuckled. "you're really going to let your fear overcrowd your love for her?"

"well excuse me for being fucking afraid of getting cheated on again" billie yelled.

"oh that is totally different and you know that. kobe was a bad person from the start but maya has been nothing but perfect to you." finneas yelled back.

"well if she's just sooo perfect why don't you fucking date her" billie said standing up and leaving. she entered her room and slammed the door behind her.

finneas sighed. maggie sat there with her arms crossed and a serious face on.

"what" finneas said to maggie. "go apologize to your sister right now" maggie said.

finneas rolled his eyes and headed towards billie's room.

he knocked before walking in. "look bil-"

billie was sitting on the bed crying.

she looked up at finneas with soaked eyes.

finneas looked at her sympathetically and sat down in her bed.

"i am scared ok?" billie said.

"i know. and it's okay to be, but maya is a sweet girl and she loves you too much to ever hurt you" finneas said.

billie chuckled. "yeah" finneas leaned over to hug her. "you should let her know how you feel before it's too late" finneas said.

billie nodded in his arms.