four

ricky & billie were at the mall. they were shopping for halloween costumes.

"how do you even dress around adults on halloween without being sexualized" ricky asked. billie laughed.

they were going to kobe's friend, jah, halloween bash. he threw it annually for the past 3 years.

"do you think mayas going to be there?" billie asked while looking through a clothing rack.

"uh, i don't know why do you ask?" ricky asked. "just wondering"

she thought about that night at mariachiles. she couldn't get it out of her mind. she didn't know why.

"shouldn't you be matching with kobe or something" ricky asked snapping billie out of her thoughts.

"no he said it was too corny" billie said disappointedly. ricky frowned. "i think he needs to grow some balls."

billie chuckled lightly.

she knew deep down inside he was embarrassed of her. she never felt loved in this relationship. she was too scared to go though because she really loves him.

the thought of her being loved by anyone seemed impossible in her mind, that's why she doesn't even try to get with someone else, because she thought who could love her.

she thought she deserved it. like the world had its reasons to be against her.

billie decided to be a vampire and ricky decided to be a cowboy. they were walking out of the store and billie got a text from maya.

she smiled at her phone. "who's that" ricky asked. "maya" billie said while smiling.

"billie eilish pirate baird o'connell smiling at a text that's not kobe? am in another universe?" ricky joked.

billie playfully hit him in the arm. "shut up"

"you must like her don't you?"

billie looked up nervously. "as a friend?" ricky eyebrows furrowed as he continued.

"oh yeah of course" billie looked back down at her text.

9pm and ricky and billie were pulling up to jah's place. it was packed because he was known for his parties.

"why didn't kobe pick you up again?" ricky asked. "he said he was riding with his friends and the car was full" billie answered confusingly. "whatever you say"

they walked in and it was 2x crowded inside than it was outside. everyone was dressed slutty. there were girls in lingerie and boys in tuxedo pants with no shirt.

ricky scoffed. "what happened to the world"

"what happened to men" a girl replied from behind them.

ricky & billie jumped and quickly turned around. it was maya. "for pete's sake maya don't scare us like that" ricky joked. maya laughed.

maya was dressed as wanda maximoff. "mother fucker you look smokin" ricky complimented.

"thank you" maya said. "yeah you look really good" billie said smiling and checking her out.

maya smiled back. "thank you eilish"

ricky looked between them. "i'm gonna leave you 2 love birds alone and hit the bar"

maya and billie laughed.

"sorry uh you look amazing also" maya said. billie thanked her.

"so i guess kobe is around here dressed like the male version of you"

billie looked down & up and put her tongue to the inside of her cheek. "uhh no i actually don't know what he is."

maya looked sympathetic.

"come on let's dance" she said grabbing billie's hand.

they danced for 10 straight minutes. it really cheered billie up. maya seemed to cheer billie up every time she was around her. it's not like billie was depressed, maya just made her happier.

she noticed that but didn't think much of it. she always felt good around friends. who doesn't?

they got tired and joined drunk ricky at the bar. "oh ..h-hey g-g-guys" he started. he was slurring.

billie and maya laughed. they ordered 2 shots each of vodka, just enough to get them buzzed but not drunk.

"hey lemme get one" ricky asked struggling. "oh no you don't" maya quickly stopped him. "stop i want-"

ricky gagged. maya and billie backed up. "oh hell no go find a bathroom bro" billie said.

ricky got up and ran to an upstairs bathroom. he threw up. when he was finally finished, he started to wash his face.

*knock knock*

"in a minute" ricky said. he was struggling to stay awake.

"bro hurry up" the dude said outside. "for fucks sake" ricky whispered. he finished and opened the door.

it was a boy and a girl.

a familiar boy and girl.

it was kobe and danielle. dressed in matching costumes.

kobe and danielle looked shocked and guilty.

ricky looked shocked too, but he was too out of it and thought he was imagining it. he started to rub his eyes thinking the "imagination" would go away.

in a way, it did.

once danielle realized he was drunk, she quickly dragged kobe to another room.

when ricky opened his eyes again, they were no where to be seen. he got a feeling of relief and headed downstairs.

billie and maya were back on the dance floor by then. "ur best friend" by kiana lede ft kehlani was blasting.

"you was with your man last night and you just realized what you felt that night wasn't wrong. thought about me on your whole car ride like i hate that you ain't your best friend"

billie had her arms on mayas neck while mayas hands were on billie's waist. they were sharing eye contact while simultaneously looking at each others lips every so often.

ricky came up to them. they slowly got off each other. ricky didn't pay it any mind.

"uh listen billie i don't wanna be a party pooper but i'm sleepy and want to go home so can we just go?" he said exhaustedly.

billie looked sad. maya noticed and quickly jumped in. "i can drop her off, you go ahead"

billie looked at her and smiled. "oh yes thank you" ricky said while shaking her hand like she just saved his dying mothers life or something. maya looked confused and billie laughed.

by the time ricky left, a fast song was playing, so they didn't dance as intimate as they just were.

11pm rolled around and maya and billie were both exhausted. they decided to head home. billie put her address in the car and they started for her house.

while billie was looking out the window, maya admired her every now and then.

she loved how peaceful billie looked. like for a second she wasn't getting mistreated by her shitty bf. maya loved that she brought that out of her.

maya knew she liked billie from the time they met.

but she now realized that she was falling in love.