fifteen

"do you wanna dye my hair for me?" billie said.

"dye it what?" maya asked.

"black with red roots" billie answered.

maya squinted her eyes imagining billie with that. "hot" she said shaking her head up and down. billie did the same thing.

they headed to the drug store and got black & red hair dye. "being spontaneous i see" the cashier said ringing billie up.

billie chuckled. "hell yea"

"alright your total is $10.50" the cashier said. billie scrambled in her wallet. "what the fuck" she whispered.

"i got it" maya said pulling out a card. "no it's ok you don't-" maya swiped her card. "have to" billie finished.

"it's okay eilish" maya laughed. billie smiled. "thank you" maya winked.

"aww i wish i had a girlfriend" the cashier said.

maya's and billie's faces went blank.

"oh we're not" billie started. "no we're not" maya also started.

the cashier looked at them confused. "we're not a couple" billie finished. "oh..sorry, you guys just have so much chemistry" the cashier apologized.

"thank you" maya said while smiling. billie looked up at her awkwardly. "we gotta go" maya said.

they walked out of the store. both of them could feel the awkwardnes. "so um, that was weird huh?" billie said. maya chuckled. "yeah"

"i mean, we don't look like a couple, do we?" billie asked.

maya chuckled slightly. "nope"

maya was a little upset. she knew they weren't a couple, it just hurt to hear it from billie herself. she knew it was a bit soon for billie to start dating but she also knew she could treat her so well.

they headed for billie's house and went into her bathroom. maya put on the gloves and read the boxes of dye. "have you ever dyed hair?" billie asked.

"nope" maya said still reading the boxes. billie shrugged. maya started to section billie's hair. "does that look ok?" maya asked. "yes" billie said.

maya put tin foil on the parts that were going to be red. she got the black dye and started painting it in. she then took the tin foil off and painted the parts with red.

"ok it says to let it stay in for 5 minutes" maya said finishing. "i'm so nervous" billie said excitingly. "me too" maya said actually scared.

5 minutes passed and it was time for the wash. maya put billies head underwater and washed the excess off.

she then got the conditioner and massaged it into billies hair.

"that feels so good" billie moaned.

maya eyes eyes widened as she cleared her throat.

"sorry your fingers just feel so good" billie said.

mayas eyebrows furrowed. billie realized what she said.

maya finished washing billies hair and dried it off with a towel. she grabbed the hairdryer and a comb and finished billies hair.

"ok you ready?" maya asked. "yes" billie said smiling. maya uncovered billies eyes to look in the mirror.

billie gasped. "do you like it?" maya asked nervously. "do i like it? I FUCKING LOVE IT." billie cheered.

maya let out a sigh of relief. billie hugged maya. "thank you thank you thank you" maya laughed. "no problem"

billie wanted to show her new hair off so they went to the mall. "everybody has to see this" billie said taking a video of herself. maya laughed and shook her head.

she did get looks. mostly attracted looks but a little disgusted looks from old people. "that lady needs to have some class" an old lady whispered as billie passed by.

"ouuu everybody's loving it" billie squealed. maya admired her excitement.

they decided to visit auntie annie's. "welcome to auntie annie's what may i-" the cashier started then looked up.

he checked out billie. "get you" he flirted and leaned over. billie looked at him confused. maya looked annoyed.

"uh yes can i get a pretzel please" billie said. "sure thing mama, and what can i get you" he said looking at maya.

"i'll have pretzel bites" maya said still annoyed. "alright so your total will be $5.60, will that be cash or card?" he asked.

"cash"

"card"

maya and billie looked at each other.

"card"

"cash"

maya squinted. billie looked back at the cashier and smiled. "can you give us a second pls" billie said dragging maya to the side.

"what are you doing?" billie asked. "what are YOU doing?" maya mocked.

"this isn't funny let me pay, you already done enough" billie said annoyed.

"why can't i do more" maya asked. "because" billie said. maya looked at her, waiting for the continued answer.

billie sighed. "what i thought" maya smirked and walked back to the booth.

billie held her smile and shook her head.

"card" maya said to the cashier while taking her card out. "alright your orders will be out shortly" the cashier said.

the food was ready after a while and billie and maya headed to a table. billie stared at maya and smiled.

"what?" maya asked. billie shook her head and looked down. maya furrowed her eyebrows. "what?" she asked again.

billie looked up still smiling. "thank you for today"

maya reached over and put billies hair behind her ears. "anytime"

billie smiled and kept eating her pretzel.

billie hadn't been sure of her feelings for a while now.

but she was positive at that moment.

she had feelings.